Submit to Swirl
Please read all material before submitting to SWIRL, and provide all requested information.
In order to submit, you must be a student (past or present) or an employee of Lone Star College-Montgomery. Dual credit students are eligible.
Please only submit creative works of art (digital, paintings, drawings, ceramics, etc.) or creative works of literature (poems, plays, short stories, etc.). SWIRL does not publish academic papers/essays.
By submitting, you acknowledge that your work is original and has not been previously published. Furthermore, you grant SWIRL permission to publish it and use any artwork for publicity of the journal.
You may submit up to 3 works for consideration. A separate submission form must be completed and submitted for each work. To submit, please fill out the form below.
A digital copy must be submitted for each work. Arrangements can be made to assist you in digitizing your art. Please indicate this need on the form below.
Format is as follows:
- Poetry: Single-spaced in a text document (.doc, .docx, .rtf, etc.)
- Prose: Double-spaced in a text document (.doc, .docx, .rtf, etc.)
- Art: Image file (.jpeg, .pdf, etc.); 300 dpi at 5x7 inches or larger
- Video: file type (.mp4); minimum size and frame rate (1290x720, 23.89 fps)
If your work is selected for publication in SWIRL:
1. We will contact you via the email you provide to notify you by July 5, 2023, that your work has been accepted.
2. In that email, we will request that you respond verifying that you still wish to have your work featured in SWIRL.
3. We will also request an author/artist headshot that is 300 dpi and at least 2X3 inches, vertical.
4. We will provide information about the SWIRL release party in Fall 2023.
Any questions, comments or submissions may be sent to: swirl@LoneStar.edu.