Harris County Promise
What is Harris County Promise?
Harris County Promise is a partnership that covers the cost of tuition, fees, and assistance with books for up to three years at participating community colleges. All Promise Scholars also receive a dedicated success coach to help them navigate college life.
Harris County Promise launched in Aldine ISD on Fall 2020. This unique partnership allows graduating seniors the option to become Promise Scholars. As a Promise Scholar, students receive a last dollar scholarship covering the cost of tuition, fees, and books assistance, and a dedicated success coach while in college.
- Aldine High School
- Eisenhower High School
- Nimitz High School
How do I become a promise scholar?
Harris County Promise is currently not accepting any new applications at this time. We are in the process of reviewing and updating our program to better serve you. Rest assured, we are committed to providing accessible and quality education opportunities. Please stay tuned for updates on when we will resume accepting applications. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Promise Scholar Benefits
- GUARANTEED: Promise students who are Texas residents (have lived in Texas for at least 1 year) & meet application deadlines are guaranteed to have their tuition and fees covered at their Promise partner college.
- ALL MEANS ALL: Options for ALL Texas resident seniors at participating high schools regardless of income or high school GPA, including DACA/DREAMers.
- STUDENT SUPPORT: Assistance with books and a college success coach to help students navigate college life.
- NO OBLIGATION: Promise Pledge must be complete by February 7 to remain eligible, but there may be better college and financial aid options outside of Promise – decide what is the best fit college option for you!
Last Dollar Scholarship
The Promise Scholarship fills the gap between the cost of tuition & fees and the amount covered by grants & scholarships. Promise funds are not paid to students directly.
- Tuition & Fees – State/Federal – Other Scholarships = PROMISE
- How Aid is Applied
1st • Federal and/or State grants
2nd • Other Scholarships
3rd • Promise Scholarship (fills the gap)
Keeping Your Promise Scholarship
- ENROLL FULL TIME: You must enroll full-time (in at least 12 credit hours) every fall and spring semester, beginning in Fall 2021.
- PASS YOUR CLASSES: You must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA each semester (beginning in your 2nd semester of enrollment.)
- GET SUPPORT: You must check in with your success coach at least once each semester.
- REAPPLY FOR FAFSA/TASFA: You must complete a FAFSA or TASFA (English) TASFA (Spanish) every year of participation.
For more information about Harris County Promise, contact LSC-HCPromise@Lonestar.edu.