Health and Wellness Center
**Health and Wellness Center will be closed for in-service August 21-27**
Fall 2023: Starting Monday, August 28
- Monday-Thursday: 7:00-9:00am & 2:00-7:00pm
- Friday: 12:00-4:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Open Fitness Classes: Starting Monday, August 28
|2:30-3:30pm||Rhythmic Walking||Rhythmic Walking|
|4:00-5:00pm||Dance Cardio||Dance Cardio|
- Academic classes, recreational sports tournaments, and community education programs have priority in all areas of the facilities.
- All Users must present a CURRENT Lone Star College ID or wellness membership pass to enter the sports and fitness areas during open recreation. If you are not a registered student or community member, your ID is not considered current.
- Recreational Sports staff will be responsible for maintaining a safe environment in all facilities during open recreation hours. All workers have been trained to handle emergencies, answer questions, report complaints and solve routine problems.
- All students, faculty and staff must abide by all policies established for the use of the facilities. Participants are expected to be responsible, courteous and respectful of other participants and staff. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations of the facility may cause a user to lose program privileges.
- Proper gym attire/athletic wear and shoes are required.
- Clothing with exposed rivets or zippers are not allowed.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Any jewelry worn must be that which does not pose a danger to self or other participants. Staff members have the authority to instruct participants to remove any jewelry that is perceived as dangerous.
- Inappropriate behavior, including cursing and fighting, will not be tolerated and could result in removal from the facility and in some cases, removal from the college permanently.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in activity areas.
- The use of tobacco, alcohol or drugs in any form is prohibited in all areas.
- No dunking or hanging on rims allowed.
- All injuries must be reported to staff immediately. An accident report will be filled out and a determination will be made as to further care or assistance.
- LSC-North Harris is not responsible for injuries or accidents that may occur during recreation hours or participation in other recreational activities sponsored by the department.
- No children are allowed unless they are a part of a membership. No one under 13 years of age is allowed in the weight room, cardio room, racquetball courts or the weightlifting area of the gym. All individuals under the age of 16 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent at all times. Individuals with a community pass that are 16 years or older may use the facility without parental supervision.
- Bags or backpacks are not allowed inside the activity areas (weight room, racquetball courts, gym and cardio room). Lockers are provided in dressing rooms to store all personal belongings, but participants need to bring a lock.
The weight room is equipped with Cybex machines, stair steppers, treadmills, and free weights.
There are high risk factors that are associated with improper practices in the weight room area. For this reason, the following regulations must be used:
- All participants must wear full T-shirts. No sleeveless t's, sports bras or tank tops. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Blue jeans and clothing with zippers are not allowed.
- All weights must be re-racked after use.
Equipped for basketball, volleyball, badminton, pickleball, and other activities.
Equipped with exercise cycles, free weights, medicine balls, treadmills and ellipticals.
Four courts available, with one set up as a fitness area with equipment for group and individual workouts, two courts set up for table tennis and one for racquetball.
*Protective eye guards are MANDATORY!
These fields are for multi-purpose use including soccer, softball/baseball and flag football.
Academic classes and recreational sports activities have priority on all sports facilities.
- Fields should be used for sports and free play.
- Fields are for College and Community use.
- The Department of Recreational Sports reserves the right to cancel play in inclement weather or any situation which jeopardizes the safety of individuals or field care.
- Vehicles, including motorcycles are not permitted on the fields.
- Cleanup of fields, sidelines, and immediate parking area is required after use.
- Any medical emergencies or medical problems should be reported immediately to the campus police. An incident report must be completed.
- The collection of admission fees or the sale of any item is prohibited.
The use of the gymnasium, racquetball courts, classrooms and all other recreational facilities must be approved by the Vice President of Administrative Services. Rental fees will be calculated, and permission granted on an individual basis. Lone Star College-North Harris reserves the right to refuse any organization or individual from using its facilities.
For more information or if you would like to schedule a weight room orientation, please email Veronica Ruiz.