Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold:
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership,
serviceand fellowship programming.
|Hammad Ahmed - Chapter President
Vy Quach - Honors in Action Co-Chair
Jonathan Rodriguez - Honors in Action Co-Chair
Saad Khan - College Project Co-Chair
Huy Pham - College Project Co-Chair
Oswaldo Guzman - Public Relations
Each candidate for membership must:
- Be enrolled at Lone Star College-University Park in at least 3 semester hours;
- Accumulate a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours of college level credit courses in the Lone Star College;
- Earn a Grade Point Average of 3.5 in college-level credit courses. College credit courses attempted will be taken directly from LSCS transcripts and fractional averages are not rounded off;
- Adhere to the school conduct code and possess recognized qualities of citizenship.
Grades for courses completed at other institutions will not be considered when determining membership eligibility.
9/15/16 Fall Scholarship Application Opens
9/21/16 Walter B. Cooper Memorial Scholarship Application Deadline
10/7/16 - 10/9/16 Texas Leadership Conference (East Texas Baptist University)
12/1/16 Fall Scholarship Application Closes
3/9/17 - 3/11/17 Texas Regional Convention (Corpus Christi, TX)
4/6/17 - 4/8/17 99th Annual Convention (Nashville, TN)