Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold:
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
|Chapter Advisors||Chapter Officers|
|Hammad Ahmed - Chapter President
Vy Quach - Honors in Action Co-Chair
Jonathan Rodriguez - Honors in Action Co-Chair
Saad Khan - College Project Co-Chair
Oswaldo Guzman - Public Relations
Nabeel Muhammedy - Secretary
Each candidate for membership must:
- Be enrolled at Lone Star College-University Park in at least 3 semester hours;
- Accumulate a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours of college level credit courses in the Lone Star College;
- Earn a Grade Point Average of 3.5 in college-level credit courses. College credit courses attempted will be taken directly from LSCS transcripts and fractional averages are not rounded off;
- Adhere to the school conduct code and possess recognized qualities of citizenship.
Grades for courses completed at other institutions will not be considered when determining membership eligibility.
4/6/17 - 4/8/17 99th Annual Convention (Nashville, TN)
4/28/17 Nota Bene Entries Due
5/2/17 Spring Scholarship & Oberndorf Applications Due (Open Now!!)
6/5/17 - 6/10/17 Honors Institute (Chicago, IL)
7/17 Texas Honors Institute
10/17 Texas Leadership Conference