Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold:
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
|Valerie Lavrenteva - President
Hammad Ahmed - Honors in Action Co-Chair
Saad Khan - College Project Co-Chair
Nikki Bretting - College Project Co-Chair
Nabeel Muhammedy - Honors in Action Co-Chair
Each candidate for membership must:
- Be enrolled at Lone Star College-University Park in at least 3 semester hours;
- Accumulate a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours of college level credit courses in the Lone Star College;
- Earn a Grade Point Average of 3.5 in college level credit courses. College credit courses attempted will be taken directly from LSCS transcripts and fractional averages are not rounded off;
- Adhere to the school conduct code and possess recognized qualities of citizenship.
Grades for courses completed at other institutions will not be considered when determining membership eligibility.
5/2/16 Phi Theta Kappa Spring Scholarship Application Deadline
6/20/16 - 6/25/16 2016 Honors Institute (Wake Forest University)
7/29/16 - 7/31/16 Texas Honors Institute (Stephen F. Austin State University)
10/7/16 - 10/9/16 Texas Leadership Conference (East Texas Baptist University)
3/9/17 - 3/11/17 Texas Regional Convention (Corpus Christi, TX)