Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold:
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
|Lan Huynh - President
Erik Mjelde - Executive Vice President
Valerie Lavrenteva - Vice President of Public Relations
Roxi Fam - Vice President of Leadership
Saad Khan - Vice President of Fellowship
Each candidate for membership must:
- Be enrolled at Lone Star College-University Park in at least 3 semester hours;
- Accumulate a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours of college level credit courses in the Lone Star College;
- Earn a Grade Point Average of 3.5 in college level credit courses. College credit courses attempted will be taken directly from LSCS transcripts and fractional averages are not rounded off;
- Adhere to the school conduct code and possess recognized qualities of citizenship.
Grades for courses completed at other institutions will not be considered when determining membership eligibility.
7/3/15 Lone Star College Phi Theta Kappa Fellowship Night - Houston Dynamo Game
7/24/15 - 7/26/15 2015 Texas Honors Institute (UNT)
9/14/15 - 9/18/15 Phi Theta Kappa Awareness Week
10/1/15 - 12/1/15 Fall Scholarship Application Available
10/9/15 - 10/11/15 2015 Texas Leadership Conference (Texas A&M University)
2/25/16 - 2/27/16 2016 Texas Regional Convention
4/7/16 - 4/9/15 2016 NerdNation (National Harbor, Maryland)