Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa's mission is two-fold:
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
|Valerie Lavrenteva - President
Hammad Ahmed - Executive Vice President
Saad Khan - Vice President of Communications
Nikki Bretting - Vice President of Fellowship
Nabeel Muhammedy - Vice President of Leadership
Each candidate for membership must:
- Be enrolled at Lone Star College-University Park in at least 3 semester hours;
- Accumulate a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours of college level credit courses in the Lone Star College;
- Earn a Grade Point Average of 3.5 in college level credit courses. College credit courses attempted will be taken directly from LSCS transcripts and fractional averages are not rounded off;
- Adhere to the school conduct code and possess recognized qualities of citizenship.
Grades for courses completed at other institutions will not be considered when determining membership eligibility.
2/19/16 Mosal and Marshall Award Apps Due
2/25/16 - 2/27/16 2016 Texas Regional Convention (Waco, TX)
4/7/16 - 4/9/15 2016 NerdNation (National Harbor, Maryland)
4/21/16 Spring Induction Ceremony
6/20/16 - 6/25/16 2016 Honors Institute (Wake Forest University)
7/16 Texas Honors Institute
10/16 Texas Leadership Conference