Additional Fire Science Technology Program Requirements
Admission Criteria and Prerequisites
To be admitted to the Fire Science program, students must first meet the basic requirements for admission to Lone Star College. However, admission to Lone Star College does not constitute automatic acceptance into the program.
Students are selected on a first come, first served basis. Remember there are limited slots. Registration for the Fall academy will begin in early April (enrollment is limited).
- Hold a high school diploma or a GED.
- Apply for and achieve admission to Lone Star College.
- College level reading and writing skills (ENGL 0305, 0313 or ENGL 0316; ENGL 0307 or ENGL 0326; or placement by testing). Talk to an advisor for assistance.
- Basic Math skills
- Cleared by your doctor Physical Examination Form. Must be turned in to the director by the first week of July.
- Open registration only on first come, first served bases.
General Fitness Requirements
Before you can attend you must be declared physically fit by your doctor. You must take a completed Physical Examination Form to the director of the academy by the first week of July.
1. Must be able to run 2 miles under 18 minutes.
2. Must be able to lift heavy objects about 150 pounds.
3. Fully participate in a required physical agility course while attending the academy.
4. Be in good general health.
5. Weight in proportion to height.
6. Turn in completed physical examination form signed by your doctor. Due by the first week of July.