To be admitted to the Fire Science program, students must first meet the basic requirements for admission to Lone Star College. However, admission to Lone Star College does not constitute automatic acceptance into the program.
Students are selected on a first come first served basis. Remember there are limited slots. Registration for the Fall academy will begin in early April. Enrollment is limited to 40 students for the day class and 40 students for the night class.
Before you can attend you must be declared physically fit by your doctor. You must take a completed Physical Examination Form to the director of the academy by the first week of July.
1. Must be able to run 2 miles under 18 minutes.
2. Must be able to life heavy objects about 150 pounds.
3. Fully participate in a required physical agility course while attending the academy.
4. Be in good general health.
5. Weight in proportion to height.
6. Turn in completed physical examination form signed by your doctor. Due by the first week of July.