Lone Star College Faculty to Conduct Literary Reading
Published on: April 20, 2010
The Lone Star College Systemís Creative Writing Committee will sponsor a faculty reading at 7 p.m. , April 28 at LSC-Tomball, room N103.
Faculty from across the system will read selections of literary works. Participating faculty include the following:
- Katherine Reynolds, LSC-Tomball. Her poetry has appeared in Poetry Northwest, The Paris Review, Western Humanities Review and Slipstream. She is currently working on her memoir.
- Cliff Hudder, LSC-Montgomery. His stories have appeared in numerous publications including Alaska Quarterly Review, The Kenyan Review, and The Missouri Review. His novella, Splinterville, was the winner of the 2007 Texas Review Fiction Award.
- Michelle Brown, LSC-CyFair. Her poems have appeared in the New Orleans Review, Concho River Review and Awakenings Review.
- Melissa Studdard, LSC-Tomball. Her work has appeared in numerous journals including Boulevard, Connecticut Review, Gradiva and Chelsea. She is a contributing editor for Tiferet and The Criterion, and a reviewer for The National Poetry Review.
- Amanda Auchter. She is the founding editor of Pebble Lake Review and the author of Glossolalia forthcoming from Red Hen Press. She was a 2007 finalist for the Ruth Lilly Poetry Fellowship. Her writing has appeared in the American Poetry Review, Court Green and Poetry Daily. She teaches at LSC-CyFair.
- Greg Oaks, LSC-Tomball. Oaks has been published in the Gettysburg Review, The Cimarron Review and elsewhere. He is one of the founders of Houstonís Poison Pen Reading Series.
- Dave Parsons. Parsons has been the recipient of several awards including the Baskerville Publisherís Poetry Prizes and six writing awards from LSCS. He was named Montgomery County Poet Laureate for 2005-2010 and was a finalist for the Texas State Poet Laureate, 2010. He teaches at LSC-Montgomery.
The public is invited to attend. For information, please call 832-465-8366.
Lone Star College-Tomball is located at 30555 Tomball Parkway/SH249. For information about the college visit LoneStar.edu/tomball or call 281-351-3300.