Maximize the success of your business with six free fall seminars at Lone Star College-CyFair.
Seminars will cover techniques for sales presentations and selling skills, marketing through YouTube and Google as well as business blogging and financing. No sign up is required and there will be door prizes.
The free weekly Business Success Seminars will be held Wednesdays from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. in the library, room 131, on the Barker Cypress campus at 9191 Barker Cypress.
• Wednesday, Oct. 6: Dynamite Sales Presentations – Learn easy and productive techniques of how to wow your audience and make a lasting impression. Presenter: Jo Tubbs, Advertising Executive and Reference Assistant, LSC-CyFair
• Wednesday, Oct. 13: Getting to Yes! – Fine tune your selling skills, learn about various closing techniques and practice with your fellow entrepreneurs. Presenter: Karen Cavallaro, Small Business Development Center and Professor of Business, LSC-CyFair
• Wednesday, Oct. 20: Marketing using YouTube – Promote your business using the video search engine phenomenon, YouTube .Presenter: Michele Price – Breakthrough Business Strategies
• Wednesday, Oct. 27: Google AdSense and AdWords – Learn about Google’s advertising opportunities in the pay per click environment. Discover other Google business opportunities. Presenters: Jo Tubbs, Advertising Executive and Reference Assistant and Rose Botkin, Professor and Librarian, Small Business Owner, LSC-CyFair
• Wednesday, Nov. 3: Blogging for Business – Who says blogging is just for geeks? Learn techniques for creating interesting blogs to promote your business. Presenter: Michele Price, Breakthrough Business Strategies
• Wednesday, Nov. 10: When the Banker Says No –Explore alternative forms of small business financing. Presenter: Mike Pereira, President 4P Enterprises
In addition to this fall series, check out Lone Star College System’s Corporate College for assistance in developing relevant training solutions; LSC-CyFair’s Entrepreneurship Certificate Program offered through Continuing Education to launch a business; LSC-CyFair Library’s electronic business resources and software resources; and the Small Business Development Center’s free business management and consulting services.
For information on the fall Business Success Seminar series, which the Small Business Development Center and the LSC-CyFair Branch Library are sponsoring, go to LoneStar.edu/library/business-seminars or call 281.290.3214 or 832.482.1057.