Published on: May 23, 2011Start summer with tips for good reads and healthful supplements as well as royal weddings and dances at the upcoming June workshops.
Lone Star College-CyFair’s Learning, Inspiration, Fellowship, and Enrichment (L.I.F.E.) programs are free and held Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the library (Room 131 unless otherwise noted) at 9191 Barker Cypress.
• June 1: Great New Summer Reads - Find out what new titles are hot and how to find just the right book for you. Blue Willow Book Shop owner Valerie Koehler presides. Sign up for the library’s Summer Reading Program and join the Book Hunters with Susan Green.
• June 8: The Miracle of Omega 3s - Dr. Chase Hayden of the Hayden Institute reveals how Omega 3s are essential fatty acids for cardiovascular, brain, immune, and hormone health.
• June 15: Eat it Raw! - If you don’t take care of your body, where will you live? Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram, organizer of the co-op, Rawfully Organic, tells us about eating local, raw and organic produce. Kristina is bringing a share of produce and will concoct some delicious, healthful dishes for us to try.
• June 22: Royal Wedding Madness - Want the scoop on Prince William and Kate Middleton? Did you get up in the wee hours to watch Diana? Do you remember the notorious Mrs. Simpson? Learn about some romantic and exotic nuptials of royals past and present with Jo Tubbs.
• June 29: What’s a Wobble? - Get in shape and have fun by doing group dances such as the Wedding Wobble, the Electric Slide, and the YMCA! Tabby and Shannen Pritts lead the way.
Call the library at 281.290.3214 for L.I.F.E. program information or go online to LoneStar.edu.