Invest 60 minutes for six weeks to maximize the success of your business with the free Business Success Seminars this summer at Lone Star College-CyFair.
This series of six seminars, designed to help build successful businesses, will cover social media, networking, alternative funding, Twitter, productivity tips and web tools. No sign up is required and there will be door prizes.
The free weekly Business Success Seminars will be held Wednesdays from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. in the library, room 131, on the Barker Cypress campus at 9191 Barker Cypress. There will not be a seminar held July 6.
• Wednesday, June 15: Social Media – Trend or Blip on the Radar? - Michele Scism of Decisive Minds shows how YouTube and Facebook are here to stay and how you can use them to grow your business.
• Wednesday, June 22: Attracting the Right Dots or Connections - Belanie Dishong of Live at Choice focuses on three dimensions often overlooked in the process of networking and building business. These dimensions can take your networking and business results from mediocre to magnificent.
• Wednesday, June 29: Alternative Funding for Startups, Acquisitions and Growing Firms - Eric Standlee, Principal and VP of Business Development and Bank Relationship Development with family-owned Houston private funding firm American Prudential Capital, Inc. gives insights into innovative funding of b2b companies.
• Wednesday, July 13: Trick or Tweet? - Ever think that Twitter was a waste of time? What did you have for breakfast? Ronald Earl Wilsher, Branding for Humans, gives a focused look at Twitter to show how it truly can be part of your marketing plan.
• Wednesday, July 20: Time Flies When You’re Having Fun - Do you work like crazy and then wonder why you haven’t accomplished more in a day? Melissa Rotholz, Director of the Teaching and Learning Center, gives you time management tips to make each day productive and organized.
• Wednesday, July 27: Web Tools and Apps - Maximize your productivity with free or low-cost online and/or mobile tools for online file storage, real-time chat with customers, virtual meetings, and task/list tools with librarians Dorrie Scott and Monica Norem.
In addition to this summer series, check out the LSC-CyFair Library’s electronic business resources and software resources and the Small Business Development Center’s free business management consulting services.
For information on this Business Success Seminar series, which the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and the LSC-CyFair Branch Library are sponsoring, go to LoneStar.edu/library/business-seminars or call the library at 281.290.3214 or SBDC 832.482.1057.