If you have immediate flood-related needs, you are urged to call the
American Red Cross at 1-866-526-8300.
The American Red Cross has opened shelters to aid those impacted by severe rain and flooding throughout the Greater Houston area. These shelters will be open 24 hours a day, providing a warm, dry place to stay, food and emotional support for area residents who are not able to remain at their homes due to storms and flooding.
- Jersey Village Baptist Church, 16518 Jersey Drive, Jersey Village
- MO Campbell Education Center, 1865 Aldine Bender Rd., Houston
- Willow Meadows Baptist Church, 9800 Town Park Dr., Houston
- Johnston Middle School, 10410 Manhattan Dr., Houston
- Rosehill United Methodist Church, 21022 Rosehill Church Rd, Tomball
- South County Community Center, Spring, 2235 Lake Robbins Rd, Spring
- First United Methodist Church, Conroe, 4309 West Davis, Conroe
- East Montgomery County Senior Center, 21679 McCleskey Road, New Caney
- Royal High School, 34499 Royal Road, Brookshire
I NEED TO STORE MY BELONGINGS. WHERE CAN I GO?
U-Haul of East Houston is offering 30 days, free self-storage assistance.
Contact: U-Haul of East Houston, 11202 Antoine Drive, Houston, TX 77066, (281) 377-3380
MY VEHICLE FLOODED. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
1. If you abandoned your car and it was towed:
- Look for it at www.towedcar.com or www.findmytowedcar.com with your license plate or VIN or call 713-308-8580
- You should expect to pay: $162.50 Non-consent Tow Fee (CITY) +$20.00 Per day charge at Licensed Vehicle Storage Facility+$50.00 Notification Fee from Storage Lot if they have to notify you after 24 hours that your car has been towed there+$20.00 Impound fee = $252.50 minimum
2. If you need to have your car towed:
- Call several companies to compare prices. Get the price in writing.
Research consumer information about towing: http://www.tdlr.texas.gov/towing/consumerinfo.htm
MY PROPERTY IS DAMAGED. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Call your insurance agent to file a claim.
- Check for structural damage before re-entering your home to avoid being trapped in a building collapse.
- Take photos of any floodwater in your home and save any damaged personal property.
- Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their purchase date and value with receipts.
- If your car was towed you can find where it was taken check out www.findmytowedcar.com.
- Remove all wet items such as furniture, rugs, bedding, toys, and carpeting, ceiling tiles, drywall and wood by-products.
- Remove all wet insulation. Discard all but rigid insulation, which can be reinstalled after disinfecting and drying.
- Discard soaked or moldy carpeting. Clean all other items first with soap and warm clean water to remove dirt and debris. Next, sanitize surfaces with one cup household liquid bleach per every five gallons of water.
I NEED FOOD ASSISTANCE. WHERE CAN I GO?
243 A Greens Rd.
Houston, TX 77060
By Appointment Only
Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Bridging for Tomorrow
11911 Bammel North Houston
Houston, TX 77066
By Appointment Only
Wednesday – Friday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
NW Assistance Ministries
Houston , TX 77014
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Tuesday, 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.