Published on: February 02, 2009
Receive tax assistance from:
Lone Star College–CyFair Accounting Department - Mondays 4-6 p.m. - February 16 - April 13, 2009
The Lone Star College–CyFair Accounting Department is providing free tax assistance at the library every Monday starting February 16 and continuing through April 13, 2009 from 4-6 p.m. in LRNC 131. Call 832-482-1065 for more information.
AARP - Wednesdays & Thursdays from 12-4 p.m. - February 4 - April 15, 2009
AARP is providing free tax assistance at the library every Wednesday and Thursday starting February 4 and continuing through April 15, 2009 from 12-4 p.m. in LRNC 131 (NOTE: No tax assistance on February 19, 2009 - District Conference Day since the library is closed).
NOTE: Taxes may be filed electronically. Please bring the following items to prepare your taxes.
* Amount of stimulus payment received in 2008 - new!
* Amount of property taxes paid in 2008 even if not itemizing deductions - new!
* Copy of last year’s income tax return(s)
* W-2 forms from each employer
* Unemployment compensation statements
* SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
* All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets
* 1099-misc showing any miscellaneous income
* 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity
* All forms indicating federal income tax paid
* Dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number)
* All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
* Social Security numbers for all dependents
For other local AARP tax help locations, go to:
Find an AARP Tax-Aide Site Near You!
Additional information on IRS free tax help is available at:
Free Tax Return Preparation For You by Volunteers
Cy-Fair Branch and other branches in the area (see below) have selected forms for pick up.
Barbara Bush @ Cypress Creek
Katherine Tyra @ Bear Creek
IRS forms and publications are available online @