Additional Surgical Technology Program Requirements
- Background Check
- Physical Exam
- CPR Certification
- Bacterial Meningitis immunization
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance
- TB Test
- Hepatitis B
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella )
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
In addition to the system admission requirements, the following are required for the surgical technology program:
- Graduation from high school verified by an official transcript or GED certificate. If the high school transcript is from a country other than the USA, it must be evaluated by an approved transcript evaluation company.
- Submission of passing THEA exam scores in reading, writing and math, or complete LSCS Student Success Initiative (SSI) requirements. To determine your SSI status, see a college adviser.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 in college level courses.
- Applications received before May 1 will receive priority consideration.
- Applicants must return a completed application packet to LSC-Tomball Health Science Building, 700 Graham Dr. Suite 111, Tomball, TX 77375. The complete packet includes the following items:
Completed Application must be signed by a LSC-Tomball Advisor Immunizations must be complete Background Check results turned in with application Official transcripts from other colleges than LSC
Only students who have been accepted into the program by the Director of Surgical Technology are allowed to register for the Surgical Technology classes.
Lone Star College System Policy is consistent with Texas law as to requirements and admission of any resident or non-resident student. For admission and tuition purposes, residency is defined within Texas Education Code §54.052.
In addition, LSCS will notify students prior to, but not as a condition or requirement of admission, that health care facilities will require students to have a Social Security number or a Visa as a condition of being assigned to a clinical facility. Students who are unable to complete the LSCS health program clinical skills requirement will not be able to complete the program due to a lack of clinical placement.
Additionally, LSCS will notify students that a Social Security number or a Visa may be required for a background check, and may also be required for taking the licensing examination upon completion of program requirements.