Additional Surgical Technology Program Requirements
Applications for the Surgical Technology Program are now being accepted. Applications must be postmarked or electronically received by May 31. Applicants must return a completed application packet to:
Lone Star College-Tomball
Health Science Building
700 Graham Dr., Suite 111
Tomball, TX 77375
1. Apply to Lone Star College. (Apply)
2. Students must be TSI complete.
3. Complete and submit application packet which includes:
Surgical Technologist AAS Degree Application
Completed Background Check
Completed Health History Form
Official transcripts from colleges other than LSC
4. The top-ranking applicants will be invited for an interview.
5. All prior biology courses must be completed within 5 years of admission.
6. BIOL 2401 Anatomy and Physiology I must be completed prior to SRGT 1541 Surg Procedures I.
7. Final acceptance into the program is contingent upon a satisfactory background check (as required by clinical facilities) that is completed by a college approved agency at the students expense. Clinical facilities may also require completion of satisfactory drug screening and verification of medical insurance. Background check, drug screening and medical insurance expenses are the responsibility of each student.
8. Completion on non-SRGT courses does not guarantee program admission.
Only students who have been accepted into the program by the Director of Surgical Technology are allowed to register for the Surgical Technology classes.
Current Basic Life Support: Healthcare Provider American Heart Association
Documentation of Current Immunizations
MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
Drug Screening as required by clinical facilities
Lone Star College Policy is consistent with Texas law as to requirements and admission of any resident or non-resident student. For admission and tuition purposes, residency is defined within Texas Education Code §54.052.
In addition, LSC will notify students prior to, but not as a condition or requirement of admission, that health care facilities will require students to have a Social Security number or a Visa as a condition of being assigned to a clinical facility. Students who are unable to complete the LSC health program clinical skills requirement will not be able to complete the program due to a lack of clinical placement.
Additionally, LSC will notify students that a Social Security number or a Visa may be required for a background check, and may also be required for taking the licensing examination upon completion of program requirements.