|Bomb Threat / Suspicious Package|
|Crime on Campus|
|Severe Weather & Flooding|
Terrorists look for visible targets where they can avoid detection before or after an attack. While there is no way to predict what will happen or what your personal circumstances will be, there are simple things you can do now to prepare yourself.
- Be aware of your surroundings; do not let fear overwhelm you.
- If you see what appears to be a dangerous situation, call X5911 or 281.290.5911 and explain your concerns to the Campus Dispatcher. The Dispatcher will help determine what actions should be taken.
- Be aware of conspicuous or unusual behavior. Do not accept packages or backpacks from strangers. Do not leave your personal belongings unattended.
- Learn where emergency exits are located and how to quickly evacuate a building or congested public area.
- Stay clear of heavy or breakable objects that could move, fall or break in an explosion.
- If something occurs, seek safety immediately and listen for campus alerts that will provide you with information and precautions you need to take.