Enrolling in the ESOL (ESL) program takes 3 easy steps:

  1. Complete an application either online or in person at the Student Service Center (Building C, Admissions Desk)
  2. Go to https://lonestarcollege.formstack.com/forms/testing_center__tsi_test to request an appointment for the placement test.

  3. See an ESOL Advisor to register for ESOL (ESL) classes

New students must take the ESOL Program's Placement Test (ESOL Accuplacer) before enrolling in a class. The test has 4 sections: listening, grammar, reading, and writing. The first 3 sections are done on the computer, and the writing part is completed on paper. The test takes about 2 hours to complete and costs $24. The test is administered in the Testing Center (Maverick Student Center, 2nd floor). A picture ID is required to take the test. 

You may register in the ESOL (ESL) courses in two ways. One way is to enroll as a credit student, and the other is as a non-credit continuing education (CE) student. Regardless of how you register, you will sit in the same class and receive the same quality instruction. Whether you register as a CREDIT student or a CE student, you must see an ESOL Advisor

Credit vs. Continuing Education

  Credit Continuing Education

Citizens, permanent residents or those with eligible visas including F-1, H-1B, H-4, L-1, L-2 visa.

Students who meet the requirements of Texas law SB-1528 (3 years living in Texas before receiving a high school diploma or GED) can also sign up through Credit.

Students with a B-1 or B-2 visa (tourist or business visa), J-1 visa or those with ineligible or expired visas 
Tuition For the most updated fees, please check Updated Fees For the most updated fee, please check Updated Fees.
Grading Students receive a grade of A, B, or C, if they pass the course, and IP or F if they don't.  Students receive an "S" if they pass the course and an "N" if they don't pass or donít complete the requirements of the course.
Course Withdrawal Students can withdraw from a course before a certain date and receive a W. Students cannot withdraw from a course after classes have begun.
Grade Reports

Students receive a transcript of their grades.

Students receive a certificate for the successful completion of the course at the end of each semester. 
Financial Aid Students can qualify to receive financial aid. Students cannot receive financial aid.
F-1 International Student Need to be enrolled as a full time credit student Cannot enroll as a CE student


Make LSC part of your story.