1. Start by applying at Lone Star College System (LSCS).
2. Attend LSCS classes (including ESOL if necessary) for two years until completion of the LSCS requirements for your associate degree.*
3. Make a 2+2 seamless transfer from LSCS to Sam Houston State University (SHSU) on the Bearkat Transfer Scholarship, for qualifying students.**
4. Complete two additional years at SHSU for a bachelorís degree (depending on your program requirements).
* Students who need ESOL classes before they can enroll in college-level classes may require more than two years to complete their associate degree.
Additional information about the 2 Plus 2 with Lone Star College and Sam Houston State University can be found in our 2 Plus 2 Brochure.
1. I am looking to pursue a master's Degree. Does the 2 Plus 2 apply to me?
Because master's degree programs have special admission requirements, the 2 Plus 2 is only available for students who are seeking bachelor's degrees.
2. How long will it take me to finish my associate degree if I need ESOL classes?
This will depend on your level of English. Upon your arrival to Lone Star, you will take an English placement test which will determine your level.