StepUP at LSC-University Park
The LSC-University Park StepUP program is committed to helping students succeed through academic support and individual guidance. Our goal is to see each student graduate with their associate degree and successfully transfer to a four-year college or university. The StepUP program is part of the LSC-University Park Student Support Services and has been made possible by the Lone Star College TRiO grants from the Department of Education.
Follow the latest StepUP program news via the LSC-UP TRiO Newsletter.
StepUP provides the following to our participants:
- A caring campus community and personal attention
- Advising and academic support tailored to your needs
- Resource exploration, support programs and connections
StepUP Program participants can expect the following:
- Academic Advising
- One-on-One Success Coaching
- Assistance with applying for Financial Aid
- One-on-One and Group Tutoring
- Financial Literacy
- Transfer Planning
- Cultural Events and Outings
- Leadership Development
- Career Exploration Resources
- Student Success Workshops
- College Visits
To be eligible for the LSC-University Park StepUP program students must display an academic need and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First-generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor's degree)
- Qualify for financial aid based on need
- Have a documented disability
Donít delay! Participation is limited to only 140 students so apply today. Contact us for more information.