LSC Business Opportunity
The Office of Business Opportunity at Lone Star College is dedicated to encouraging the use of HUB/MWVBE suppliers in procurement processes. The Office of Business Opportunity ensures that state HUB requirements are followed, helps LSC departments utilize HUB/MWVBE vendors, and advocates for inclusive procurement opportunities.
The Office of Business Opportunity will be a trailblazer in education by integrating HUB/MWVBE and small businesses into the LSC business environment and encouraging economic development and community achievement.
LSC Business Opportunity Goals
The Office of Business Opportunity aims to achieve three primary objectives:
- Facilitate greater participation of minority vendors in LSC business by establishing effective communication channels, simplifying registration processes, and streamlining approvals within the LSC system.
- Enhance direct spending with minority vendors across various commodities purchased by LSC by raising awareness among decision-making employees about the value of engaging with these vendors.
- Boost indirect spending with subcontractors by actively encouraging Prime companies to develop comprehensive subcontracting plans and ensuring adherence to these plans.
This approach will help create more opportunities and support for diverse businesses within the LSC network.
HUB/MWVBE Acceptable Certifications
To be considered a HUB/MWVBE with LSC, a business/supplier must be certified through one of these associations:
- City of Austin
- City of Houston
- El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Dallas/Fort Worth Minority Supplier Development Council
- Golden Triangle Minority Business Council
- Houston Minority Supplier Development Council
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- Southwest minority Supplier Development Council
- South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency
- State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB)
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Women’s Business Council-Southwest
- Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance (WBEA)
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Small business Administration
Benefits of Becoming HUB/MWVBE Certified
- Enhanced Networking and Resources: Certification opens doors to a broader network, providing access to new resources and the opportunity to forge meaningful relationships with fellow businesses and large companies.
- Marketing Advantage in Texas: Certification is a valuable marketing opportunity, particularly in the diverse landscape of the State of Texas.
- Increased Contract Opportunities: With certification, the chances of securing contracts with the Government or government-like entities are significantly higher.
- Exposure to Supplier Diversity Programs: Certified businesses gain exposure to larger companies that have established supplier diversity initiatives, opening doors for subcontracting opportunities with minority vendors.
- Alignment with State Goals: The State of Texas sets specific diversity goals, prompting companies and State Agencies to actively seek diversity vendors for business collaborations.
- By obtaining certification, businesses can tap into these advantages and position themselves for growth and success within the diverse marketplace.
LSC Frequently Sources Products and Services
Equipment and Supplies
IT Services and Equipment
Uniforms, caps, robes, gowns
Renovations (Doors, elevators, flooring, HVAC, sidewalks, parking lots, carpets, roofing, plumbing, painting)
Architectural and Engineering Services