Supplier Diversity Goals
Lone Star College has established three main goals in our Supplier Diversity Program:
- To increase the number of minority vendors that do business with LSC by creating channels of communication that enable them to register and gain approval in the LSC system.
- To increase the direct spend with minority vendors in different commodities that LSC purchases by bringing awareness to the employees with the power of decision making.
- To increase the indirect spend with subcontractors by encouraging Prime companies to develop robust subcontracting plans and comply with them.
LSC purchases many kinds of goods and services. These are some of the commodities that we continuously purchase:
Equipment and Supplies
- Advertising services
- Printing services
- Promotional items
- Uniforms, caps, robes, gowns
- Building construction (educational, general, offices)
- Architectural and Engineering services
- Renovations (doors, elevators, flooring, HVAC, sidewalks, parking lots, carpets, roofing, plumbing, painting, glass, offices)
IT Services and Equipment
- Audio Visual Systems (Equipment, Maintenance, Repair, Consulting)
- Cabling Services
- Computer equipment (Desktops, laptops, monitors, peripherals)
- Electronic equipment
- Internet (WWW, web hosting, database)
Lone Star College Supplier Diversity Workshop
One hour out of every month the Lone Star College Supplier Diversity team will have a free virtual workshop benefitting small business owners. All meetings will be held from 10am – 11am.
April 20, 2021 Marketing and Networking your Business
May 18, 2021 Finding Bids and Proposals
June 22, 2021 Small Business Certifications
July 20, 2021 Presenting and Preparing Proposals
5000 Research Forest Dr.
Mail Code WLB Supplier Diversity
The Woodlands, TX 77381-4356
Thanks for taking the time to contact us. Please be as specific as possible.