The purpose of the LSC-CyFair Dance Team is to support college, promote college spirit, and provide entertainment at college and community events for LSC-CyFair, LSC-Cypress Center, and LSC-Westway Park Technology Center.
Qualifications and Restrictions
Poise, posture, projection, rhythm, flexibility, enthusiasm are just a few of the primary elements of what it takes to be on the team. Because of the nature of dance and the large audiences we perform for, itís vital for all team members to be outgoing, physically fit and able to take pride in their appearance. In order to participate on the Dance Team, all students must:
- Be currently enrolled at LSC-CyFair
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Be enrolled in 6 credit hours at LSC-CyFair
- Be able to attend all practices. Students should arrange their class schedule around these times.
- Being on academic probation during any contest. Click here to view our probation and suspension guidelines.
- Currently playing on a varsity team in a related activity or have done so within the same academic year.
- Faculty, staff, or alumni.
- Having prior professional experience in a related activity.
Team Captain Opportunity
Interested in becoming a Team Captain? Be sure to read the Team Captain Information Sheet and complete the Team Captain Application.
Team Manager Opportunity
The Dance Team is seeking some extra hands to help with work behind the scenes. For details, please read the Dance Team Manager Information Sheet.
Fall 2023 Tryout Information
Members must tryout every semester and may be on the team for a maximum of 3 years. See tryout information for details on what to bring and expect. Bring audtion application ,team practices are held during the week. The dates, times, and location will be updated before the season starts back up again.
- Date: September 2, 2023
- Time: 9:30am
- Location: CENT Building Rm#118
Team practices are held during the week. The dates, times, and location will be updated before the season starts back up again.
- Days of the week: Tuesday & Thursday
- Time: 7am
- Location: CENT Building Rm#118 Cardio Lab