Our Mission Defined
Lone Star College-CyFair Clubs Sports mission is to enhance the development of the physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being of its campus community through diverse, inclusive and safe programming that encourages academic success, healthy choices, competition, personal satisfaction and fun.
Sport Clubs at LSC-CyFair
General Requirements & Expectations
To join a sport club, students must meet and maintain the following criteria:
- All members must be in good standing with the college – Please review LSC-Probation and Suspension rules;
- All student members must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher to participate;
- All members must be registered/enrolled in at least six (6.0) credit hours at LSC-CyFair campus or one of its associated centers, however;
- If a player is graduating during the term of the current Lone Star Sport Club Conference league or tournament, and is enrolled for less than the minimum hours required for eligibility, then a letter from the registrar stating that the player will be graduating the same term of the event must be submitted.
- No player may be a current member of a varsity team of the same sport or played the same sport at a varsity level within the same academic year.
- No player may have been a professional in the sport.
- Some sport clubs may have other requirements.
Participant Responsibilities (from the LSC Sport Club Handbook - full handbook available from the Rec Sports Office - visit CASE 102)
- Each sport club is accountable for all club member actions while representing the club. Members should institute a strict club policy concerning negative behavior and conduct. Communication is an essential component of any successful program, and it is the responsibility of the club's president or captain to remain in contact with the Recreational Sports Director or Coordinator and the rest of the club on a regular basis.
- Sport club members participate at their own risk. A personal insurance medical coverage plan is highly recommended. The College is not liable for injuries sustained during competition or practice. The conference does not provide medical or health insurance coverage for sports club participants.
- Club members are responsible to ensure that they are physically capable of participating in sport club programs. Participants must choose activities appropriate for their skill level and adhere to program safety guidelines.
- Inappropriate language and behavior is not permitted while participating in sport club programs. Participants are required to comply with specific program, room, facility, and building policies.
- The use or possession of illegal drugs or alcohol is prohibited during campus recreation programs, at any sporting event or competition, and on College premises. Failure to comply with program policies shall result in disciplinary action in accordance with College policies.
- Appropriate clothing, footwear, and protective gear must be worn at all times while participating in sports club programs.