LSC-CyFair Recreational Sports
The mission of Lone Star College-CyFair Recreational Sports is to enhance the development of the physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being of its campus community through diverse, inclusive and safe programming that encourages academic success, healthy choices, competition, personal satisfaction and fun.
Why should you Rec?
LSC-CyFair Rec Sports provides students the opportunity to compete in a wide variety of programs that promote a healthy lifestyle. The various areas of focus include: fitness and wellness; intramural sports which include team and individual sports and activities; outdoor recreation; and special events. Students will have the opportunity to learn, make friends, win prizes, develop transferrable skills and more. Participating in Rec Sports encourages healthy choices including becoming more active, promoting a positive social environment, healthy competition, stress reduction, and gives students the opportunity to participate in fun, educational activities.
- Flag Football
- Running Club
Flag Football Spring 2024 Tryouts
- Date: February 2, 2024
- Time: 9am
- Location: The Quad (large empty grass area in front of the CASE building)
Qualifications and Restrictions
- Be currently enrolled at LSC-CyFair or its satellite campuses (LSC- Westway park technology Center or LSC- Cypress Center).
- Be enrolled in at least six (6.0) semester hours of college level courses;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher;
- Be able to attend all practices;
- Exhibit good sportsmanship
Recreational Sport Facilities
Students who are currently enrolled in classes for the Spring 2024 semester at LSC-CyFair, LSC-Cypress Center, or LSC-Westway Park Technology Center are allowed to use the facilities. Students must provide LSC Student ID when asked to verify their eligibility. Please sign in with our Rec Sport Staff at the outdoor basketball courts or check in with the fitness center staff.
- Basketball Courts
- Tennis Courts
- Sand Volleyball Court
Hours of Operation for Fall (hours may change due to classes and holidays)
- Monday - Thursday (10am to 5pm)
- Friday (10am to 3pm)
- Sand Volleyball Court is open Monday - Friday from 8am-7pm