LSC Mobile Go Center
What is the Mobile Go Center?
The Mobile Go Center is a 45ft. trailer equipped with internet access via hotspot, laptops, a printer, and tv monitors.
What is the Purpose of the Mobile Go Center?
The LSC Mobile Go Center travels to events within the Lone Star College service area to assist prospective students with the admissions process. Recruiters are able to provide information about LSC programs and services to help students and parents better prepare and plan for college.
What is Available on the Mobile Go Center?
- 2 Large screen monitors for presentations
- 21 student computers
- Verizon Hotspot Internet
- Outside Awning w/ table and chairs
- Wireless Printer
- Wireless Speaker for Audio
- LSC Literature and Materials
- Wheelchair Lift for accessibility
Advantages of the Mobile Go Center
- One on One recruiter to student ratio support while on board the Mobile Go making it easy for recruiters to address individual student concerns.
- All LSC materials and literature provided on board encourages completion of the LSC admissions process and serves to increase enrollment.
- TV Displays allow for various types of presentations and media displays
- A Fun addition to any event. The Mobile Go has speakers for music, fun promotional materials, and giveaways. On a sunny day the awnings, tables, and pop-up banners provide a welcoming site for outside recruitment. The vibrant color of the Mobile Go is sure to draws crowds and foot traffic.
The LSC Mobile Go Center is ideal for recruitment/outreach events with anticipated crowd attendance that are being hosted within the LSC service area such as K-12 Schools, Community Centers, Businesses, Churches, and Apartment Complexes.
The Mobile Go Center is ideal for holiday parades and festivals, community awareness events , application and enrollment Drives, college and career days, and information sessions.
Destination Education: The Mobile Go Presentation Station
Introducing Destination Education: The Mobile Go Presentation Station. In response to COVID 19, The Mobile Go Center began to offer our services in a different capacity. Destination Education is a new alternative to events eligible for the Mobile Go Center.
The Center can be staged at a location to be used a promotional item or prop displaying video or other media presentations using the outside television display. During these events, The Mobile Go Center will have limited access to participants and no presentations will be given inside. Media and presentations are provided, but you may also use your own content with prior approval. Events must promote Lone Star College, its programs, and higher education in general. Destination Education may also be used to host virtual events as well.
Requesting the Mobile Go Center
The LSC Mobile Go is for events sponsored by the college. Requests to use the Mobile Go must be made by LSC employees. Community members can request the LSC Mobile Go by contacting the LSC Mobile Go Campus Contact at the campus within their service area or by submitting a Mobile Go Event Information Request.
Requesting Destination Education: The Mobile Go Presentation Station
Requests for Destination Education must be made by LSC employees. Community members can request the LSC Mobile Go Center for Destination Education by contacting the LSC Mobile Go Campus Contact at the campus within their service area or by submitting a Mobile Go Event Information Request indicating “Other” for the primary purpose and “Destination Education” in the text box for additional information.
Schedule LSC Mobile Go
The LSC Mobile Go is for events sponsored by the college. Requests to use the Mobile Go must be made by LSC employees at least 2 weeks in advance. Employees can click here to access to the "Request Mobile Go" form, or click here to access additional LSC Mobile Go Resources, including an FAQ document for the LSC Mobile Go.
For LSC Mobile Go questions, please email LSCMobileGo@lonestar.edu.
Not certain what campus is in your service area, contact us at: LSCMobileGo@LoneStar.edu
Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of events can use the LSC Mobile Go Center?
- When is the LSC Mobile Go Center available for event use and how long can it be booked for an event?
- How do I know if the LSC Mobile Go Center is available for an upcoming event?
- How is a request to use the LSC Mobile Go Center submitted?
- What if I have to cancel my Mobile Go Center request?