Prerequisites and Requirements
AAOS Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured 11th edition. ISBN #978-1-284-10690-9
Steps for registration into the EMT course:
All students must establish a Complio account and complete prerequisites before they are allowed to register for an EMT course.
- Use this link to navigate to Complio (http://lonestarcompliance.com)
- Once at this webpage, click on the button that states “New Users - Create an Account” and enter in your information and please make sure EVERYTHING is correct. This is the information that Complio is going to use to complete your background check with. If anything is entered incorrectly, it could cause you to have to pay for another background check. So please have good attention to detail and double check everything before you submit it.
- Once you create your account, you will then need to select your program. Please select “Lone Star College – LSC Montgomery” from the dropdown box, and then choose “EMT”
- You should then see everything you need bundled into one price (background check, drug screen, and immunization tracker) and the cost should be $82.00.
In Complio, you are required to complete the following:
- Criminal background check
- Drug Screen
- Health History form (filled out by you)
- Physical Exam form (filled out by your medical provider)
- Upload a copy of your current driver’s license or state issued photo ID (must be current and not expired)
- Upload proof of your American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR certification
- Upload your completed Student Information form
- Upload proof of the following vaccines:
- Hepatitis B - Provide proof of three previous vaccinations or a positive antibody titer test within the last five years
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR) – Provide proof of two previous vaccination or a positive antibody titer test within the last five years
- Influenza (Flu) – Provide proof of a current flu vaccination (Fall and Spring semesters only)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis (TDaP) – Provide proof of a Tdap vaccination within the past ten years
- Tuberculosis (TB) – Provide one of the following:
- Two step skin test or
- QuantiFERON Gold Blood Test
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) - Provide proof of two previous vaccination or a positive antibody titer test within the last five years
Students who have completed the documentation and printed their complete background check and drug screen will contact Kevin.Akers@lonestar.edu to be registered. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Applicants who wish to become certified or licensed with the Texas Department of State Health Services and/or the National Registry of EMTs need to be aware that any criminal history may also prevent them from such action. The Lone Star College-Montgomery EMS program is not able to, or responsible for, advising a student with criminal history on whether they are eligible for certification or licensure. All questions regarding eligibility should be directed to both the Texas Department of State Health Services and the National Registry of EMTs.