Important Dates Registration for Summer and Fall classes is now open
Priority Decision Date for Financial Aid applications is June 4
Facilities open June 1 to only designated employees and students whose courses have not been fully converted to online delivery LSC Services Resources continue to be provided online
Study abroad is a program that allows students to take one or more classes in a country other than the United States for academic credit. Study abroad offers valuable opportunities to visit another country, experience another culture firsthand, build your cross-cultural skills, enhance your resume, immerse yourself in another language, challenge yourself in new ways, and make new friends.
To get started in the process of participating on a study abroad program:
1. Review the programs offered through LSC and through the Texas Gulf Coast International Education Consortium.
2. Identify the programs that interest you. Consider your academic and career goals when choosing between locations and courses.
3. Speak with an academic advisor for guidance on selecting a program that fits into your academic plan.
4. Contact the professor in charge of the program of interest for information on space availability, program application process, and other questions about the program. Contact information can be found on the specific program pages.
5. Complete the program application, pay any application deposits, and fulfill any other program requirements. Each program may have a different application and requirements. If the program does not have their own application, use the general Study Abroad Student Program Application.
6. Make payments toward your program by the appropriate deadlines as specified by your study abroad program terms.
7. Apply for financial awards and scholarships, if qualified. Note: Receiving a scholarship is not required to join a study abroad program as long as the student is able to pay the appropriate costs.
8. Pay any remaining deposits or fees toward the program.
9. Register and pay for the study abroad course during registration.
LSC has resources available to eligible students to help with the cost of study abroad. The application process is competitive with a limited number of financial awards available for students. Click here for more details and the application.
Competitive scholarships are also available from outside sources. Check out the national Gilman Scholarship which offers need-based awards to eligible students. The Gilman-McCain Scholarship Program also offers competitive awards to child dependents of active duty service members.