LSC-University Park Music & Drama Department Auditions
DRAMA DEPARTMENT AUDITIONS
All roles open for Urinetown: the Musical. LSC students cast in the production will be required to enroll in a one-credit hour practicum course (DRAM 1120/1121/2120/2121). Please prepare: 32 bars of an up-tempo, contemporary musical theatre song and a two-minute monologue, comedic in nature. Dance call to follow.
Auditions are Monday, Jan. 22, 2018, 6-10PM in the Black Box Theatre (B12.135).
MUSIC DEPARTMENT AUDITIONS FOR:
- Professional Development for Musicians (MUSC 1191): Learn how to survive and thrive in the music industry. This course will assist students in developing the critical skills required to be successful musicians in the professional world.
- Concert Choir (MUEN 1141): Concert Choir is a large vocal ensemble performing large-scale sacred and secular works. In addition to local concerts, the group participates in campus activities.
- Pop Singers (MUEN 1154): The Pop Singers specialize in performing contemporary popular music, including music of radio, TV, motion picture, and Broadway. Some choreography and staging may be involved.
- Class Voice (MUSI 1183): Beginning voice instruction for the student who has little or no experience.
- Private Studio Placement (MUAP 1181/1282/2282): Intermediate and advanced students will be placed into a private voice instructor's studio.
WHAT TO PREPARE
- Prepare a classical/folk song and a contrasting musical theatre song. An accompanist will be provided, so be sure to bring sheet music! Students will also be asked to sight read, as part of their auditions.
- Question? Email choir director Leah Dyer at Leah.E.Dyer@lonestar.edu.
- Prepare two contrasting short songs (or excerpts of songs) in contrasting popular styles (pop, rock, musical theatre, R&B, etc.). An accompanist will be provided, so be sure to bring sheet music!
- Questions? Email Director of Music Aaron Alon at Aaron.Alon@lonestar.edu.
Class Voice/Private Voice
- Prepare any song you'd like. Bring sheet music for private voice studio placement. Class voice students can sing a cappella or with an accompanist (bring sheet music if you'd like to use the accompanist). You may be asked to sing some notes played on a piano.
- Questions? Email Aaron Alon (Aaron.Alon@lonestar.edu) for private voice or Mark Thomas (Mark.Thomas@lonestar.edu) for class voice.
Professional Development for Musicians
- Singers and instrumentalists should prepare two contrasting excerpts.
- Non-performers will be interviewed.
- Bring a résumé or CV if you have one.
- If you have questions or to set up your audition, email Director of Music Aaron Alon at Aaron.Alon@lonestar.edu.
SCHEDULE YOUR AUDITION
Email Director of Music Aaron Alon at Aaron.Alon@lonestar.edu to schedule your audition time. Times are available between 2:30 and 4:30PM on January 17, 2018.
Walk-ins are also welcome, but those with scheduled time slots are given priority.
Can't make this time/day?
Email the relevant professor to set up an alternate audition time:
- Concert Choir: Leah Dyer at Leah.E.Dyer@lonestar.edu.
- Class Voice: Mark Thomas at Mark.Thomas@lonestar.edu
- Pop Singers or Professional Development: Aaron Alon at Aaron.Alon@lonestar.edu
Director of Music
Director of Theatre