Career Services / Job Placement
Career Services and Job Placement is dedicated to helping you make informed decisions to choose a major for the right career, whether it's your first job or for those of you who have been working for years. We also help to identify internships and permanent jobs while you are working on your program curriculum plan and taking courses at Lone Star College. Workforce Advisors and Career Counselors are available at each of our campuses to help you:
- Explore and choose a career path (careers, companies hiring now in the greater Houston area or other areas, how much they pay, the education requirements, what industry certification is needed and much more)
- Select a college major that you can complete at LSC or a 4 year institution
- Change from your current career field and apply your prior experience for college credits
- Write a resume and cover letter
- Complete online applications
- Develop a job search plan for PT work while going to college or at the completion of a certificate or degree
- Practice interviewing for a job
Schedule an appointment with a career counselor/advisor at any of our LSC campuses to help with your career exploration and job search! Career Services are free to students, alumni and the community.
Student Career Planning
Take charge of your career! Learn how to make informed decisions about your career exploration process. Career counselors/advisors are here to help you discover your college major and career path.
- Interest Inventory Planning
- LSC Programs of Study
- Gainful Employment
- Career Focus Magazine
Student Employment Services
Get a jump start to your job search process! Career counselors/advisors are here to help you develop successful tips on writing your resume, preparing for interviews, and searching for a job. Employment opportunities wait to be discovered by you.
Employer Facts and Links
Search for Jobs
Looking for employees? Lone Star College offers employment resources to for employers to recruit potential applicants. Post your job opening for students, alumni and the community. Or sign up to attend upcoming job fair events.
LSC Programs of Study
Post a Job Opening
Search Student Resumes
Schedule a Visit to a Class
Teach For Us!
Fast Track Non-Credit Certificates
Shortel S. Brent
Director, Job Development
LSC-Kingwood Career Services
TRAC (Transfer, Recruitment and Careers)
Allison E. Copony, M.Ed.