The Office of Research and Institutional Effectiveness (ORIE) provides information and analysis that supports the decision-making process, complies with reporting requirements of external agencies, and responds to ad hoc requests for information. Many of the official statistics about the campus, and for Academic Affairs in particular, are reported by ORIE.
- Provide valid and reliable data, information, and analytical services.
- Anticipate our clients' needs and support.
- Provide institutional research and assessment data and data analysis to campuses and departments throughout the Lone Star College System community.
- Organize and conduct institutional assessment programs, including assessment of student learning and student activities, both independently and in collaboration with other departments.
- Provide institutional assessment results and analysis to administrative units, academic departments, and offices providing student support services.
- Serve as consultants to system campuses, departments, and individuals on institutional research, data collection and analysis matters.
Request Support from ORIE