LSC-Montgomery Land Surveying Department
What is Land Surveying?
Surveying is an integral component of land usage by civil engineering, GIS, GPS, municipal planning, construction, and drafting. Levels of training include certified technician, Surveyor-In-Training, and Registered Professional Land Surveyor.
Prepares students to enter a high-tech profession that uses state-of-the-art equipment to determine the exact location and measurement of points, lines, and contours of the earth’s surface as a land surveying technician.
- Professional Resources
- Read more about being a surveyor
- Professional land surveyor information sheet (2006-07 BLS data)
- Equipment used by professional land surveyors
- Typical Lot Survey Performed by a Professional Land Surveyor
- Typical Subdivision Survey Performed by a Professional Land Surveyor
Faculty & Staff:
Program Business Sponsors
Hovis SurveyingMoyer Surveying LLC
Shine & Associates
S & V Surveying
|Jeffrey Moon & Assoc.
Jones & Carter, INC. GeoSolutions
Montgomery & Assoc.
TSC Surveying Co.
|George Griffith||Gary Bowes