LSC-North Harris Library Study Room Guidelines
These guidelines have been developed to ensure fair use of the 4 study rooms on the second floor and the 2 study rooms on the third floor of the LSC-North Harris Library.
- No reservations will be taken. Rooms will be occupied on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Study rooms are to remain locked during business hours. The staff on duty will unlock the door when a arrives to occupy a study room.
- A minimum of two people is required in order to occupy a study room.
- When you need a room:
Request a 2nd floor room in person at the Reserve Desk.
Request a 3rd floor room in person at the Reference Desk.
- A student ID is required from a member of the group.
- A group may occupy a room for up to 3 hours and may stay longer unless another group is waiting.
- Professors may schedule a room in advance for as many hours as needed.
- If the room is vacant for 15 minutes, another group may occupy the room.
- Use only dry erase markers on the white board. Markers and erasers are available at the 2nd floor Reserve Desk and the 3rd floor Reference Desk. Keep caps on markers when not in use. Return markers when leaving the room.
- The rooms are not soundproof. Please keep the door closed and keep voices at a moderate level to avoid disturbing others.
- No food is allowed & all drinks must have a lid.
- Please remember to close the study room door when leaving.