LSC-North Harris Library Study Room Guidelines
These guidelines have been developed to ensure fair use of the 4 study rooms on the second floor and the 2 study rooms on the third floor of the LSC-North Harris Library.
- Study rooms are for LSCS students and faculty groups engaged in library related activities. Exceptions can be made for community patrons on a limited basis at the discretion of the library staff. Community patrons may be asked to give up the study room for a group.
- No reservations will be taken. Rooms will be occupied on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Study rooms are to remain locked during business hours. The staff on duty will unlock the door when users arrive to checkout a study room.
- Priority will be given to study groups. Individual students may use the study rooms, but may be asked to relinquish the room for study groups.
- When you need a room:
Request a 2nd floor room in person at the Reserve Desk.
Request a 3rd floor room in person at the Reference Desk.
- A student ID is required from a member of the group.
- A group may occupy a room for up to 3 hours and may stay longer unless another group is waiting. However, groups may not renew the room for additional time. No group member may sign for additional room or time.
- LSC-North Harris faculty may schedule a room in advance for library related activities, and for as many hours as needed. If the room is vacant for 15 minutes, another group may occupy the room.
- Use only dry erase markers on the white board. Markers and erasers are available at the 2nd floor Reserve Desk and the 3rd floor Reference Desk. Keep caps on markers when not in use. Return markers when leaving the room.
- The rooms are not soundproof. Please keep the door closed and keep voices at a moderate level to avoid disturbing others.
- No food is allowed & all drinks must have a lid.