Research Databases: Do It Yourself
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center
(EBSCO) A full-text database that includes more than 1500 books and magazines, over 720 videos, 160 hobby profiles, and 3000 recipes from various health organizations, offered in a unique and dedicated user interface. Covers hundreds of hobby and craft making ideas ranging from hat making to model building.
- Home Improvement Reference Center
(EBSCO) Includes full-text information from over 120 reference books, magazines, videos and over 35,000 images for subjects such as maintenance, remodeling, electrical work, decoration, home and garden, outdoor improvements, plumbing and wood projects. The information is presented in a unique and user-friendly interface.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center
(EBSCO) Features 470 full-text reference books with original photos and illustrations, including detailed instructions for 90,000 repairs on such equipment as chain saws, motorcycles, marine (boats), personal watercraft/jet ski, mowers, string trimmers & blowers, yard & garden tractors.
- Credo Reference
(Credo) Includes materials from over 650 reference books on a variety of topics in higher education, including art, business, history, languages, literature, science, criminal justice, and political science.
(McGraw-Hill) Provides articles, primary research material, videos, images and animations covering all major scientific disciplines including: biology, chemistry, information technology, engineering, math, physics, psychology and more.
Fun and free way to learn 80 different languages through self-directed lessons, live instruction, movies, music and more.
- Duolingo - free web
Free language learning platform, available on the web or download the app.
- Job & Career Accelerator (LSCS Libraries)
(LearningExpress) Provides help with matching skills to a career, current job listings, and cover letter and resume preparation. Requires free login so you can save work online. If you are unable to register off campus, please try again using an on-campus computer.
- LearningExpress Library
(Learning Express) Test preparation using practice tests based on official exams. Provides instant feedback on answers to questions. Set up an account to save practice tests or review materials.Includes Job & Career Accelerator.
- Academic Video Online: Premium
(Alexander Street Press) Full-length videos on various topics, documentaries, instructional materials and limited historical news reports.
- Films on Demand
(Films Media Group) High-quality, educational streaming video from companies such as Films for the Humanities, BBC, and PBS.
Find more ...
- Search the Library Catalog. Request any circulating items not in your local library using the "Place Hold" button. Login with your 14-digit library barcode number and PIN.
- Looking for a specific article? Search the Full Text Finder for newspaper, magazine, or journal titles.
- Search WorldCat to find books and articles from libraries worldwide, then apply at your local library for a TexShare card to borrow them directly or request specific books and articles through interlibrary loan.
Selected databases are funded, in part, through TexShare, a division of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, utilizing grant funds provided by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services.