Educational Talent Search
Welcome to the Educational Talent Search (ETS) program at Lone Star College-North Harris. ETS is a federally funded TRiO Program designed to enhance, promote, and teach the skills needed to reach academic and career heights.
The mission of Educational Talent Search is to prepare academically qualified, limited income, and first generation* Harris County youth to complete secondary school and enroll in and complete a postsecondary education of their choice. Educational Talent Search will provide academic advising, career advising, college acceptance and application process advising, financial literacy and financial aid information.
*first generation: neither parent has graduated from a 4-year college.
All services provided are absolutely FREE.
For more information, or to find out if you are eligible, contact your respective school counselor or contact Maria Gonzalez, ETS Staff Assistant at 281-765-7852. Please feel free to browse through our website to learn more about the exciting opportunities ETS has to offer.
To identify, recruit and select students who have the potential to succeed in completing high school and the desire to go to a two year college or to a four year college or university.
• One-on one academic advising • Financial Literacy
• College campus tours • Career Exploration
• Tutoring • Student/Parent Workshops
• Leadership Development • Cultural and educational enrichment activities
• Assist in completing financial aid forms, • Assist in preparing for the ACT/SAT college exam
college applications, and scholarship forms. and FREE ACT/SAT exam fee waivers
• Wunderlich Intermediate • Nimitz Ninth Grade • Nimitz High School
• Klein Forest High School • Westfield High School
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible if:
• You are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• You are in the 7th through 12th grade
• Your household income meets guidelines established by the US Department of Education
• You are a potential first-generation college student. Neither parent (natural or adoptive)
or legal guardian has received a bachelors degree
• Enrolled at one of our target schools
Participants are selected without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, or physical handicap.
Participation Requirements are:
• Attend a MINIMUM of 2 workshops each year from one of the following: academic, financial planning & financial literacy, career exploration, job interview strategies, summer academic & leadership academy
• Attend a MINIMUM of 1 college campus visit per year
How to apply for ETS?
To apply for the ETS program, student(s) and parent(s) must complete an Application. You can download the application or complete the application on-line. Click on the link below: