Texas Teacher Certification: Internship Track
- Non-credit Fast Track program
- Partial program offered at LSC-CyFair, LSC-Kingwood, LSC-Montgomery, LSC-North Harris, and LSC-Online
- This program requires classes to be taken at more than one campus.
If you have a bachelor's degree and a passion for teaching, you can achieve teacher certification for EC-12 schools in Texas in as little as 15 months.
If you would like to become a bilingual certified teacher, additional coursework is required - Bilingual ESL review.
- View a presentation about this program (pdf)
- Alternative Teacher Certification Program Application (pdf)
- General Information / FAQ (pdf)
- 2016 Title II Report (pdf)
Special Topic Seminars
Special Topic Seminars provide ongoing induction year support for interns in our program. These seminars are free and open to the public.
- Cultural Diversity in the Classroom
- Special Education 101: What Regular Ed Teachers need to know about Special Ed
- Panel of Experts: Tips and Tricks from New Caney ISD
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Brain Based Education
- Classroom Management
- Technology in the Classroom: Podcasting
Please contact ATCP@LoneStar.edu or call 281.312.1716 for more information.
|ATCPC 7000062||Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities EC-12||108|
|ATCPC 7200018||Test Preparation/Content Review||7|
|ATCPC 7000065||Internship I (including online support course)||32|
|ATCPC 7300066||Internship II (including online support course)||32|
|ATCPC 7000027||Components of Special Education||48|
|ATCPC 7000081-or-ATCPC 7000086||Generalist Teacher Prep-or-Creating Successful Classrooms||48|
|Texas Teacher Certification - Internship Track Total||305|
Median wage: $51,0801
Representative career titles and job positions for this program plan include:
- Teacher (K-12)2
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that "prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation."
Program Cost: $4,614.50
Additional costs required for certification fees and testing, application fees, background checks ,courses, course materials and textbooks.
Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college. There are several types of financial aid available to LSC students and financial aid packages may include more than one type of award.
Registration for CE classes is on an on-going, rolling basis. Use the online class search tool for the most up to date course listings and class starting dates.
Lone Star College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College to award Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT), Associate of Science (AS) and Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees.