Stephen F. Austin State University
a partner university at the University Center at The Woodlands
Stephen F. Austin State University (SFA), through its partnership with Lone Star College, offers students a 2+2=Bachelor's degree opportunity. Students can complete their associate degree in 2 years at Lone Star College, then transfer seamlessly to SFA (LSC-University Center at The Woodlands location) to complete their final 2 years earning a bachelor’s degree.
For questions and more information, complete the form below or call 281.815.0885.
- Reverse transfer of credit from SFA to LSC allows students to complete requirements for the associate degree when they leave LSC and before completing a bachelor's degree
- Recognize the eligibility of LSC students and employees to apply for SFA-sponsored and other available scholarship programs
- LSC students and employees admitted to SFA will be allowed access to academic advising services at SFA
- Students jointly admitted to LSC and SFA will receive:
- Student ID, computer/internet account, access to computer labs and access to libraries at LSC and SFA
- Student access to sporting events at SFA
- Free electronic transfer transcript transmission/evaluation
- LSC Honors students admitted to SFA will receive:
- Acceptance to SFA Honors College with a minimum GPA of 3.25 and satisfaction of other Honors College admission criteria
- SFA will accept a minimum of 12 hours of transfer Honors credits
- Honors transfer students will be eligible for merit and need-based aid commensurate with qualifications
- Honors transfer students will be eligible to live in SFA Honors housing
- LSC and SFA will work to provide additional opportunities to Honors transfer students, such as potential aid for housing, potential travel and study abroad benefits and joint admissions benefits
Completing your first two years at LSC saves students an estimated $15-16K compared to SFA tuition.Tuition rates are based on residency and you can get an estimate of your costs by using our LSC Tuition & Fees chart.
Average full-time tuition at LSC is $800 per semester.
Stephen F. Austin State University Tuition
Tuition changes as students transfer from LSC to SFA, and also based on residency. View the SFA Tuition Calculator.
Average tuition for 12 hours at SFA is $3,858 per semester.
Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college. There are several types of financial aid available to LSC students and financial aid packages may include more than one type of award.
Lone Star College is an open-enrollment institution. Most students are accepted once they have completed the admissions process. Students transfering or planning to transfer to a University Center partner college need only apply once through LSC.
Lone Star College is a public institution accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) as well as several other program specific accrediting bodies.