University of St. Thomas
a partner university at the University Center at The Woodlands
University of St. Thomas, through its partnership with Lone Star College, offers students a 2+2=Bachelor's degree opportunity. Students can complete their associate degree in 2 years at Lone Star College, then transfer seamlessly to University of St. Thomas (LSC-University Center at The Woodlands location) to complete their final 2 years earning a bachelor’s degree.
For questions and more information, complete the form below or call 800.956.8492.
- Master of Education Professional School Counseling with Certification
- Reverse transfer of credit from UST to LSC allows students to complete requirements for the associate degree when they leave LSC and before completing a bachelor's degree
- Courses with a grade lower than a "C" (2.0 GPA) are not accepted for transfer; a maximum of 72 credit hours from a two-year institution can be applied toward a degree from UST
- Application fees will be waived for LSC students and employees
- Recognize the eligibility of LSC students and employees to apply for available Scholarship Programs
- Monaghan Transfer Scholarship: completed at least 16 hours of transferrable college credit, cumulative GPA of 3.0 from U.S. institution (cumulative GPA based on college level credit from all schools attended) and enrolled full time; students who apply to UST and accepted by July 15 will be guaranteed the scholarship that they are eligible to receive
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 and higher - $12,000 per year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 to 3.49 - $10,000 per year
- Phi Theta Kappa Members - $5,000 per year
- Transfer Celt Award
- Students with cumulative GPA of 2.5 to 2.99 are eligible to receive $5,000 per year
- LSC students and employees admitted to UST will be allowed access to academic advising services at UST
- Students jointly admitted to LSC and UST will receive:
- Student ID, computer/internet account, access to computer labs and access to libraries at LSC and UST
- Student access to sporting events at UST
- Free electronic transfer transcript transmission/evaluation
- Cooperative Advising allows students to access academic advisors at LSC & UST for the purpose of planning and selecting courses applicable to the anticipated degree program at LSC & UST
- Opportunity applies to all LSC students with an expressed interest in transferring to UST and applies to advising for all degree programs (including undecided) at UST
Completing your first two years at LSC saves students thousands of dollars.Tuition rates are based on residency and you can get an estimate of your costs by using our LSC Tuition & Fees chart.
Average full-time tuition at LSC is $800 per semester.
University of St. Thomas Tuition
Tuition changes as students transfer from LSC to University of St. Thomas, and also based on residency. View the University of St. Thomas Tuition and Fees.
Average tuition for 15 hours at University of St. Thomas is $21,705 per semester.
Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college. There are several types of financial aid available to LSC students and financial aid packages may include more than one type of award.
Lone Star College is an open-enrollment institution. Most students are accepted once they have completed the admissions process. Students transfering or planning to transfer to a University Center partner college need only apply once through LSC.
Lone Star College is a public institution accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) as well as several other program specific accrediting bodies.