What is the HSRT exam?
The Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT) is an evaluation tool that must be taken in order to be considered for entry into the Respiratory Care program. The HSRT is a 33 question exam that requires you to read medically related information and respond to questions based on the reading. All information needed to answer the questions is in the reading, so there is no need for Respiratory Care background information. THEA, SAT or ACT study guides may help you prepare for the exam.
Respiratory Care Pre-Entrance HSRT Exam
- HSRT exam may be taken only once per application period
- The HSRT exam is computer based.
- If test is taken multiple times during the application period (including another campus) your application will become invaild.
- The HSRT exam contains 33 multiple choice questions.
- Specifically designed to measure the skills dimension of critical thinking.
- Critical thinking questions in health sciences and clinical practice contexts, and presumes no specialized technical knowledge.
- 50 minute test
Program Testing Dates
- Spring Entry - Testing Dates: First business day in June to last business day in August.
- Summer Entry - Testing Dates: First business day in November to Last business day in January.
LSC-Kingwood 20000 Kingwood Dr. Kingwood, TX 77339
Sciences Instructional Building (SIB), Room 113
- $15.00 Paid to the College Business Office
- This fee must be paid before taking the test.
- Test Date Registration
Materials Needed for the Test
- Picture Identification (LSC ID - ok)
- Receipt of payment for HSRT
- LSC (my.lonestar.edu) log-in information
- Writing sample to be uploaded to the HO application. Faculty proctor will assist in application completion.
Material Provided at the Test
What is the essay topic?
- Write a 1-2 page writing sample on the ôspecialty area of Respiratory Care that interests you" conclude with a paragraph explaining why you want to enter the program.
- MLA or APA format.
- Upload to the application prior to designated deadline.
Sample Score Sheet