Students with previous musical experience are eligible for scholarship opportunities in the department of music by audition. Schedule your audition today for more information.
Dr. Cristina Mendoza Padilla was a beloved professor, mentor, and colleague at Lone Star College-Montgomery. She was the longtime Director of Bands and Instrumental Area Coordinator. She directed the Jazz Ensemble and the Symphonic Band, and she also taught courses in Music History and American Popular Music. In recognition of her recent passing, family and colleagues are honoring her commitment to music education and performance by supporting an endowed scholarship at LSCM through donations to the Lone Star College Foundation. Donations will help music students receive the education they need and honor her memory. Please consider supporting these efforts with a donation of any amount. Her family will be notified of your gift and the amount of your donations will be kept private.
Please donate in any of these ways:
- Donate with a credit card online:
- Visit https://www.lonestar.edu/giving/donate-general-donation.htm
- Choose “Scholarships” from the drop-down menu. In the comments box at the bottom of the form, please note “MSE 315 Dr. Cristina Mendoza Padilla Music Scholarship.”
- Donate with a credit card over the phone:
- Please call Gabriela Andrade during regular business hours at 832.813.6638 and specify “MSE 315 Dr. Cristina Mendoza Padilla Music Scholarship.”
- Donate with a check:
- Make the check payable to LSC Foundation and mail to 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, Texas 77381-4399
- Please write “MSE 315 Dr. Cristina Mendoza Padilla Music Scholarship” in the check’s memo line.
Interested in supporting the LSC-Montgomery Music Program?
All donations support our student and are tax deductible.