LSC-Houston North Office of Student Life
• Student Life Virtual and Campus Events
• Clubs and Organizations (SLO)
• Student Government Association (SGA)
• College Activities Board
Student Life Vision Statement
To cultivate an environment dedicated to the holistic development of our students through personal, professional, emotional, social, and cultural engagement initiatives.
Student Life Mission Statement
The Office of Student Life endorses our vision by implementing co-curricular enrichment opportunities and establishing engaging relationships across our college. This affords our students a direct connection to institutional and community resources which bestows experiential learning opportunities to ensure our students success beyond the classroom.
LSC-Houston North Campus Events
LSC-Houston North Clubs and Organizations
The purpose of the Communication Club shall be to
- Create a forum for students to improve their communication skills,
- Help students to become more confident, and
- Create a community to connect students at Lone Star College Houston North.
Primary location: LSC-Houston North Fairbanks
Latin American Student Organization (L.A.S.O.)
Sharing positive influence of Latin & Hispanic cultures & promoting awareness of their importance through unity & education activities.
Chapters at LSC-Houston North | Fairbanks, Greenspoint, and Victory locations
Campus Christian Club
Uniting students interested in a deepening understanding of the Bible and its relevance to their lives.
Chapters at LSC-Houston North | Greenspoint and Victory locations
Enhancing Leadership Initiatives Through Education (E.L.I.T.E.)
Providing educational and social networking forums, peer mentoring, professional enrichment, self-esteem building, and community service opportunities
Chapter at LSC-Houston North Victory location
Brother for Brother (B4B)
Assisting in the academic, personal, and social development of minority young men
Chapters at LSC-Houston North Victory location
Criminal Justice Club
The Criminal Justice Club is a student led organization for students in Criminal Justice and other Social Science disciplines with a focus on Personal Development, Career Development, Networking, Fellowship, and Community Service.
Human Services Student Organization
The purpose of HSSO is to:
- Provide networking opportunities for students studying Human Services
- To provide students the opportunity to explore various career options within the Human Services field
- To support and enrich student experiences and learning through social activities and professional development.
Student Government Association (SGA)
The Student Government Association (SGA) is composed of dedicated student leaders who represent and express the needs of the Houston North student body experience, as well as creates the ideal sense of balance among education and social involvement.
As student leaders, the Student Government Association will pursue peers by means of a variation of engagement activities with the definitive goal of enhancing their college experience while instilling school spirit, as well as building and strengthening the leadership mindset of their peers.
All full-and part-time students with a minimum of 6 semester credit hours attending LSC-Houston North are eligible to be members of the student government association. Elections of the Executive Board of the Student Government Association are held at the end of the spring semester.
Executive Office Positions Include:
- Vice President
Students interested in holding an office within SGA must visit the Office of Student Life or make contact via email for an application at the beginning of each spring semester. Elections are held yearly in April to be selected for upcoming academic term.
College Activities Board (CAB)
The College Activities Board (SAB) is a committed student-led institution programming association accountable for forecasting, organizing, directing and presenting various social, cultural, and educational events across the college campus. CAB supply’s resources that encourage communication, networking, and leadership among the student body. The board builds campus community through a diverse spectrum of extracurricular and co-curricular programs that contribute to campus life by promoting interactive and intercultural experiences.
In addition, CAB oversees all student clubs and organizations and serves as their liaison along with the Student Government Association (SGA) to provide other diversified programing.
Qualifications & Eligibility
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester
- Have a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Available to volunteer a minimum of 30 hours per semester (fall and spring) with some weekend and evening event flexibility.
Benefits of joining LSC-Houston North Panther Pack:
- Advance leadership abilities
- Develop communication and networking skills
- Create strong relationships with college administrators and staff
- Create professional portfolio through the collection of volunteer experiences
LSC-Houston North Student Life Links
Office of Student Life