LSC-Montgomery Music Department
Keep Music in Your Life
Please see this PDF for more information on how to apply and register for music.
Dr. Cristina Mendoza Padilla was a beloved professor, mentor, and colleague at Lone Star College-Montgomery. She was the longtime Director of Bands and Instrumental Area Coordinator. She directed the Jazz Ensemble and the Symphonic Band, and she also taught courses in Music History and American Popular Music. In recognition of her recent passing, family and colleagues are honoring her commitment to music education and performance by supporting an endowed scholarship at LSCM through donations to the Lone Star College Foundation. Donations will help music students receive the education they need and honor her memory. Please consider supporting these efforts with a donation of any amount. Her family will be notified of your gift and the amount of your donations will be kept private.
Please donate in any of these ways:
- Donate with a credit card online:
- Visit https://www.lonestar.edu/giving/donate-general-donation.htm
- Choose “Scholarships” from the drop-down menu. In the comments box at the bottom of the form, please note “MSE 315 Dr. Cristina Mendoza Padilla Music Scholarship.”
- Donate with a credit card over the phone:
- Please call Gabriela Andrade during regular business hours at 832.813.6638 and specify “MSE 315 Dr. Cristina Mendoza Padilla Music Scholarship.”
- Donate with a check:
- Make the check payable to LSC Foundation and mail to 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, Texas 77381-4399
- Please write “MSE 315 Dr. Cristina Mendoza Padilla Music Scholarship” in the check’s memo line.
Preparing You for Success
The Lone Star College-Montgomery Music Department prepares students for careers in music through an intensive two-year curriculum in theory, ear training, music history, keyboard skills and private performance lessons. Led by noted faculty, students in our choirs, bands, orchestra, and string ensemble bring a full season of concerts and recitals in a broad range of styles to the surrounding community.
After completing the Associate in Arts in Music at LSC-Montgomery, music majors can transfer credit to any four-year Texas college or university to complete the bachelor’s degree in music. In addition to courses for music majors, the music department offers such non-major courses as Music Appreciation, American Music and Music Fundamentals with selected courses available via Community Education.
There’s a place for everyone in the LSC-Montgomery Music Department!
LSC-M Music Department Mission Vision and Goals
Accreditation & Recognition
Lone Star College-Montgomery is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) and is an All-Steinway School.