LSC-Tomball Commencement Ceremony
You put in the hard work, didn't give up, and now, you are ready to continue your journey. It's time to apply to graduate and get the degree/certification that you earned through your hard work. On behalf of Dr. Lee Ann Nutt, president, and the faculty and staff of Lone Star College-Tomball, with great pride, we would like to congratulate you on your candidacy for graduation. We would be honored to celebrate this major accomplishment with you.
Apply to get your diploma
We encourage you to participate in the 2023 Commencement Ceremony:
When: Friday, May 12 at 7:30 p.m.
Where: Tomball Event Center
20235 Cypress Rosehill Rd, Tomball, TX 77377
Step 1: Apply for Graduation
The class of 2023 graduates will include students that completed their degree in Fall 2022, Spring 2023, or will complete in Summer 2023. To be included in the commencement publication you must apply for graduation by March 31, 2023.
Need help completing the graduation application? Download instructions on completing the online graduation application.
*GED students do not need to apply for Graduation but MUST apply for Graduation Commencement.*
1. Login to your myLonestar account.
2. Click “Student.”
3. Click “Academic Progress.”
4. Click “Apply for Graduation.”
5. Select appropriate degree.
6. Select appropriate graduation.
Step 2: RSVP for Commencement
Students must rsvp before Friday, March 31, 2023 to ensure their name will be in the commencement publication.
We will accept commencement rsvp's through April 28, 2023.
Have a question for your academic advisor? Contact a campus advisor.
Lone Star College hosts commencement once each year, and the following students are eligible to participate:
- Students with a degree conferred in Fall 2022
- Students who have applied for Spring 2023 graduation
- Students that have applied for Summer 2023 graduation
- If you need more than 12 credits in May 2023 to earn your degree, you will participate in the May 2024 ceremony.
- You must apply for graduation prior to submitting an rsvp for the commencement ceremony.
Apply to graduate here.
- If you would rather participate in the commencement ceremony with a different Lone Star campus, you must contact that campus for information.
Participants should dress comfortably and appropriately. Graduates will walk some distance in the grass from the initial line up and walk on turf in the stadium to their seating. Comfortable shoes are strongly encouraged!
Cap & Gown:
All LSC-Tomball graduates will wear matte black caps and gowns.
- Regalia can be purchased online at Herff Jones Website, through Saturday, March 25, 2023. A limited supply will also be available in the Tomball bookstore on a first come first serve basis while supplies last. Sizes may be limited, so graduates are encouraged to purchase regalia early. The cost is $44.00 plus tax. Regalia can be pre-ordered beginning February 22, 2022. You may also contact the Tomball campus bookstore at 281-351-3327 for additional information.
ORDER CAP AND GOWN
College Approved Stoles, Cords, and Tassels
- Graduates who have earned stoles through academic achievement, the Honors Program, Phi Theta Kappa, TRIO, Student Leaders, and Veterans will wear the college-approved stoles or tassels.
- Student organizations and departments must have stoles and cords approved by February 1 by the Director of Student Engagement.
- All other graduates can now show their Timberwolf pride by purchasing a Timberwolf spirit cord! Cords are $15.00 each and will support Student Engagement Leadership programs.
Phi Theta Kappa:
Graduates who are members of Phi Theta Kappa may access www.ptk.org/ to order graduation regalia and will need a membership ID number. Please note that only stoles and tassels are permitted at the commencement ceremony. Enhanced members may wear their honor cords presented to them by the advisors. For additional Phi Theta Kappa information or questions, please contact the LSC-Tomball Phi Theta Kappa advisor, Laura.Dupree@lonestar.edu.
The 2023 LSC-Tomball Commencement ceremony is on Friday, May 12, at 7:30pm! We can't wait to celebrate our Timberwolf graduates alongside their families, friends, and LSC-Tomball faculty and staff.
Guest Arrival at the Tomball Stadium & Event Center on the north end of the stadium:
- The venue has a clear bag policy. There are no size limitations if the bag is clear. Nontransparent bags can be no larger than 6”x 9”x5”. View stadium clear bag policies and restrictions here.
- Parking Maps and Traffic flow for Tomball Stadium & Event Center here.
- Doors will open to the public one hour prior to the ceremony. Objects such as pocketknives, excessive noise makers, and balloons, will not be allowed and may be confiscated by security.
- Firearms are not allowed in Tomball Stadium & Event Center.
- Additional Tomball Stadium rules may be found here.
- Please allow extra time for parking and security check-in.
|CLEAR BAG POLICY||PARKING MAPS||STADIUM RULES|
Graduate Arrival at the Tomball Stadium & Event Center:
- The venue has a clear bag policy. There are no size limitations if the bag is clear. Nontransparent bags can be no larger than 6”x 9”x5”.
- Upon arrival, volunteers will be on hand to direct you to graduate check-in.
- Please allow extra time for security check-in.
- Graduates are expected to arrive at 5:30 p.m.
- Please arrive with your regalia in hand. You will receive additional instructions at check-in.
- It is recommended that students leave their valuables with family members. Personal items will not be allowed on the commencement field.
- After the ceremony is complete there will be no re-entry into the building.
- LSC-Tomball nor the Tomball ISD Stadium & Event Center will be held responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced items.
- Grad Images will be photographing each graduate during the Commencement Ceremony. Complimentary proofs will be emailed to the graduates within one week of the ceremony. If you have any questions, please contact Grad Images via their website. www.gradimages.com
- All commencement participants will receive a commemorative diploma cover at the ceremony.
- Graduates will receive their actual diploma via US mail to the diploma address listed on your student profile, after successful completion of degree requirements is confirmed.
- Diplomas are printed at our System Office and typically take 6-8 weeks for arrival.
- Please check your student profile to verify a degree has been awarded before requesting an official transcript.
Replacement diplomas requested one year after the posted graduation date will incur a $25 fee. To request a Diploma Reprint form and payment options, please visit LSC-Tomball Admission Diploma Reprint Request.
If you have additional questions about your diploma, or other concerns, please feel free to contact our Graduation Specialist, Tamia Johnson at Tamia.Johnson@lonestar.edu or 281.357.3710.
The 2023 LSC-Tomball Commencement ceremony will be live streamed. More information coming soon.
**Graduation Notice Disclaimer**
Please note that participation in the ceremony does not guarantee graduation from Lone Star College. Graduates must meet all requirements and competencies before degrees will be issued and must not have any outstanding financial obligations to Lone Star College System. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all requirements are complete. Please check your myLoneStar email for important updates about commencement and your graduation status.