Sam Houston State University
Sam Houston State University (SHSU), through its partnership with Lone Star College, offers students a 2+2=Bachelor's degree opportunity. Students can complete their associate degree in 2 years at Lone Star College, then transfer seamlessly to SHSU (LSC-University Center at The Woodlands location) to complete their final 2 years earning a bachelor’s degree.
For questions and more information, complete the form below, call 936.202.5000, or visit SHSU - The Woodlands Center.
- Applied Arts and Sciences
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- General Business Administration
- Mass Communication Public Relations and Advertising
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Geographic Information Systems
- School Counseling
- School Leadership
- Special Education MA (LIDA)
- Special Education MED
- Sport Management
- Counselor Education
- Educational Leadership Certificate Programs
- Higher Education Leadership
- Educational Diagnostician Certification
- Reverse transfer of credit from SHSU to LSC allows students to complete requirements for the associate degree when they leave LSC and before completing a bachelor's degree
- Recognize the eligibility of LSC students and employees to apply for the Bearkat Transfer scholarship program
- LSC students and employees admitted to SHSU will be allowed access to academic advising services at SHSU
- Students jointly admitted to LSC and SHSU will receive:
- Student ID, computer/internet account, access to computer labs and access to libraries at LSC and SHSU
- Student access to sporting events at SHSU
- Student will receive three unofficial transcripts at no cost. There will be a third party fee for an official transcript.
- LSC will have access to free electronic transcripts from SHSU upon request from student for transmission of transcript
- LSC Honors students admitted to SHSU will receive:
- Acceptance to SHSU Honors College with satisfaction of Honors College admission criteria such as full-time enrollment of at least 12 hours
- SHSU will accept a maximum of 12 hours of transfer Honors credits
- Honors transfer students will be eligible for merit and need-based aid commensurate with qualifications
- If space permits, Honors transfer students will be eligible to live in SHSU Honors housing
- LSC and SHSU will work to provide additional opportunities to Honors transfer students, such as potential aid for housing, potential travel and study abroad benefits and joint admissions benefits
Completing your first two years at LSC saves students thousands of dollars.Tuition rates are based on residency and you can get an estimate of your costs by using our LSC Tuition & Fees chart.
Average full-time tuition at LSC is $800 per semester.
Tuition changes as students transfer from LSC to SHSU, and also based on residency. View the SHSU Tuition and Fees.
Average tuition for 12+ hours at SHSU is $8,771 per semester.
Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college. There are several types of financial aid available to LSC students and financial aid packages may include more than one type of award.