Bomb threats are usually received by telephone, but they may also be received by note, letter, or e-mail. All bomb threats should be taken seriously and handled as though an explosive were in the building.
What to Do When a Bomb Threat Occurs:
- If you receive a bomb threat, get as much information from the caller as possible.
- Be aware of background noise, special voice characteristic, music, machinery, etc.
- Call X5911 or 281.290.5911 immediately.
- If you receive a bomb threat, do not touch any suspicious packages.
- Clear the area around the suspicious package, and notify Police immediately.
- When evacuating a building, avoid standing in front of windows or other potentially hazardous areas.
- Do not restrict sidewalks or other areas used by emergency officials.
- If you find a bomb, do not touch it or attempt to move it. Call for help and evacuate the area.