ESOL Grammar 1
ESOL 0391 / ENGLC 3000801 ESOL Grammar I
Course Description: This course is designed to help students with very little English proficiency to understand and use basic English grammar correctly in both written and spoken communication. Students develop control of fundamental structures including basic tenses, parts of speech and simple sentences. Prerequisite: Placement by exam.
Learning Outcomes Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Form and use the present, past and future forms of the verb TO BE.
2. Use common verbs in present, past and future tenses.
3. Form YES/NO and WH-questions.
4. Use imperatives.
5. Identify and use common count and non-count nouns.
6. Use articles and basic expressions of quantity with nouns.
7. Identify and use: subject pronouns, object pronouns, demonstrative pronouns, possessive adjectives and possessive nouns.