To register for a training session, you must fill out the Coastal Region GREAT Center Registration Form online. Online registration is required to attend any session provided by Coastal Region GREAT Center.
Special Training Sessions, Conferences, and Seminars
Advanced technology trainings are now available:
Encourage Creative Writing and Journaling with Student Blogs
- This hands-on instructor led course will allow practitioners to understand the purpose and practical applications in the classroom. The session will explore successful projects and highlight the benefits of blogs to encourage creative writing, journaling, and extend learning activities.
ePals News Now Learning Center - Adult Education Students Working Collaboratively to Produce an up-to-the-minute Global Online Newspaper
- This hands-on instructor led course will provide an overview of the implementation and management of a collaborative classroom-based global newspaper with the ePals News Now Learning Center. Practitioners will understand that implementation can improve adult basic education skills, writing, peer editing, and publishing skills
Introduction to Online Conferencing Using WebEx
- This course will teach you the basics of how to use WebEx for web conferencing and online instruction, including how to access your account, schedule meetings, host meetings, share documents, and get help.
Introduction to Prezi
- Prezi (www.prezi.com) is an online zooming presentation software that takes your old linear slideshow presentation to the next level. Learn how to engage your audience with this powerful visual communication and collaboration tool.
Introduction to Skype
- This course will teach you the basics of how to use Skype for online video conferencing. Learn how to create and access your account, manage contacts, make and receive calls, send text messages, share your files and desktop, and get help.
Introduction to the ePals Global Community - the largest, leading provider of safe social learning networks (SLN)
- This hands-on instructor led course will allow practitioners to navigate basics of the safe and secure platform for building educational communities, providing quality digital content and facilitating collaboration for effective 21st-century learning. While accessing Web 2.0 technologies, practitioners explore digital skills which are essential in today's academic and business world.
Prezi in the Classroom
- Prezi (www.prezi.com) is an online zooming presentation software that allows for dynamic individual student projects and group collaboration in the classroom and beyond. This hands-on session will actively demonstrate how to use this powerful communication tool as an avenue to develop your students' higher thinking skills. This session builds on the skills learned in the introduction to Prezi training.
Project Ideas for Integrating ePals SchoolMail in the Development of Work-Based Problem Solving Scenarios
- This hands-on instructor led course will allow practitioners to understand the purpose and practical applications in the classroom. The session will highlight successful projects and demonstrate how the implementation of ePals SchoolMail can improve adult basic skills, general technology, and keyboarding skills.
Skype in the Classroom
- Connect with teachers from around the world to create real-time collaboration online with Skype in the classroom. Using online video and file sharing, learn how to create a lesson that connects your students with guest speakers, subject-matter experts, and other classes internationally.
Using ePals Global Community to Enhance Community and Project-Based Learning with Online Field Trips
- This hands-on instructor led course will allow practitioners to review the components of a complete online field trip project. Practitioners will consider ideas for curriculum development with activities, online exhibits, and interactives from the Smithsonian Museum.
Work Exposed! Exploring the World of Work with the Development and Implementation of Context-Based Wikis on ePals
- This hands-on instructor led course will allow practitioners to understand the purpose and practical applications in the classroom. The session will explore successful projects and highlight the educational benefits for students who participate in contextual-based wikis.