Submit to Swirl
Fall 2016 Deadline: Friday, December 2
Spring 2017 Deadline: Friday, February 24
Please read all material before submitting to SWIRL, and provide all requested information. By submitting you acknowledge that your work is original and has not been previously published. Furthermore, you grant SWIRL permission to publish it.
You may submit up to 3 works for consideration. A separate submission form must be completed and submitted for each work. Any digital files should be sent to: swirl@LoneStar.edu. To submit, please fill out the form below. If you need help photographing your work, limited assistance is available upon request.
A digital copy must be submitted for each work. Arrangements can be made to assist you in digitizing your art. Please indicate this need on the form below.
Format is as follows:
- Poetry: Single-spaced in a text document (.doc, .docx, .rtf, etc.)
- Prose: Double-spaced in a text document (.doc, .docx, .rtf, etc.)
- Art: Image file (.jpeg, .pdf, etc.); 300 dpi at 5x7 inches or larger
- Video: file type (.mp4); minimum size and frame rate (1290x720, 23.89 fps)
- Head shot file (300 dpi at least 2x3 inches, vertical)
A headshot and biographical statement must also be submitted to SWIRL in order for work to be published. Bio statement should be completed on the provided form. Any headshots should be sent along with submissions via e-mail.
2016-2017 Swirl Submission Form