iPad Checkout Request
The Teaching & Learning Center is pleased to offer classroom sets of iPads for faculty checkout. Unlike most TLC media checkout items, the iPads kits must be checked out and returned during open business hours. We are working on processes for evening and weekend courses; however, in the meantime, this service is currently only available to instructors who can use the devices during open business hours.
|Monday-Thursday||8:30 am - 6:30 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am - 5:30 pm|
Please read these policies very carefully:
- This form must be submitted at least TWO business days in advance of your anticipated use of the iPad kit.
- Each classroom set contains 10 iPads for student use and 1 for the instructor. You may choose to check out just an instructor iPad, just a set a student iPads, or an instructor iPad AND a set of student iPads.
- iPad classroom sets are for credit courses ONLY.
- iPad kits may be used for NO MORE THAN FOUR HOURS and MUST BE RETURNED before TLC staff leave for the day (Monday through Thursday: return by 6:30 pm, Fridays: return by 5:30 pm). Under NO circumstances can iPads be checked out during hours when the TLC is not open. Unfortunately, we do not have staffing at this time to allow you to keep iPads after 6:30 pm Monday through Thursday or after 5:30 pm on Fridays (or at any time during the weekend). Save your use of TLC iPads for courses that do not meet in the evenings or on weekends.
- Plan your activity ahead of time, and make sure that it is centered on group work, as you will not have enough devices for each learner.
- You may only check out ONE kit at a time, and you must show an LSC-CyFair faculty ID card (or a name badge with other picture ID) when you come to check out your tablet(s).
- If your activity requires the use of an app that isn’t part of the standard load on the iPad (those that come with the device), you may request that any FREE app be installed on them ahead of time. Such requests require one week advance notice. Email Allison.B.Kostrzynski@LoneStar.edu with the link to your app one week in advance of your planned use of the iPad kits (and submit your reservation request at the same time).
- Please ask your learners to be VERY careful when handling the devices: you will be responsible for their safety and security if you check them out.
- Before returning them, confirm that you have collected ALL of the iPads from your learners, and that the kit contains everything it is supposed to contain.
Our largest kit contains:
- Charging case on rollers
- 10 student iPads, arranged in order by number
- 1 instructor iPad
- 11 power cords and USB charger adaptors
- 11 cases with LSC-CyFair logo
- 1 laminated tip sheet
Apps already installed:
Kit 1: Flickr, Instagram, Phanfare
iPad Classroom Set Reservation Form