× LoneStarCollegeALERT:

No Alerts at this time.

Lone Star College and Sam Houston University have created a joint admission opportunity for international students.

How Does It Work?

1. Start by applying at Lone Star College System (LSCS).

2. Attend LSCS classes (including ESOL if necessary) for two years until completion of the LSCS requirements for your associate degree.*

3. Make a 2+2 seamless transfer from LSCS to Sam Houston State University (SHSU) on the Bearkat Transfer Scholarship, for qualifying students.**

4. Complete two additional years at SHSU for a bachelor’s degree (depending on your program requirements).

* Students who need ESOL classes before they can enroll in college-level classes may require more than two years to complete their associate degree.

**See: SHSU.edu/~int_www/documents/BearkatScholarship.pdf

Additional information about the 2 Plus 2 with Lone Star College and Sam Houston State University can be found in our 2 Plus 2 Brochure.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1. I am looking to pursue a master's Degree. Does the 2 Plus 2 apply to me?

    Because master's degree programs have special admission requirements, the 2 Plus 2 is only available for students who are seeking bachelor's degrees.

2. How long will it take me to finish my associate degree if I need ESOL classes?

   This will depend on your level of English. Upon your arrival to Lone Star, you will take an English placement test which will determine your level.