× LoneStarCollegeALERT:

No Alerts at this time.

Visit LoneStarCollegeAlert for more information.

Federal/Immigration Forms

Please visit the U.S. Citizenship and Services (USCIS) Web page for this information.

Lone Star College Forms




Reduced Courseload Authorization


International students on a Lone Star I-20 who are seeking to volunteer with an organization regularly will need to request permission from their DSO/International Student Advisor. To do so, please complete the Volunteer Request Form


Economic Hardship - International students can apply for a work permit to work off-campus based on severe economic hardship.

Curricular Practical Training - This training is defined as alternate workstudy, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required training/internship offered by the program of study.

Optional Practical Training - This training is intended for students to gain real employment experiences in their chosen profession for a period of 12 months at every level. It must be recommended by your DSO/International Student Advisor and approved by USCIS.

I-20 Program Extension

International students on a Lone Star I-20 who are unable to complete their degree programs by the end date on their I-20 can request a program extension. The length of time allowed for an extension is based on the recommendation of your academic advisor. A program extension is not guaranteed. Each request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. To request an extension, please complete the I-20 Extension Request Form

Transfer Out