Please visit the U.S. Citizenship and Services (USCIS) Web page for this information.
Lone Star College Forms
- Lone Star College Online Application
- International Student Application (PDF)
- F-1 Financial Responsibility Statement (PDF) - Proof of financial support must be on file with your international advisor before a SEVIS I-20 will be issued.
- Maintaining Your F-1 Status (PDF)
- Authorization to Release Educational Records (PDF)
- F-1 International Student Transfer-In Information Form (PDF) - For F-1 students seeking to transfer from another U.S. school
Reduced Courseload Authorization
Student Activity Profile
International students who are involved in campus life through student organizations, academics, or have received major awards or recognitions may be featured on our International Students website. Fill out the International Student Activity Profile Form to tell us about what you've been doing.
International students on a Lone Star I-20 who are seeking to volunteer with an organization regularly will need to request permission from their DSO/International Student Advisor. To do so, please complete the Volunteer Request Form
Economic Hardship - International students can apply for a work permit to work off-campus based on severe economic hardship.
Curricular Practical Training - This training is defined as alternate workstudy, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required training/internship offered by the program of study.
Optional Practical Training - This training is intended for students to gain real employment experiences in their chosen profession for a period of 12 months at every level. It must be recommended by your DSO/International Student Advisor and approved by USCIS.
I-20 Program Extension
International students on a Lone Star I-20 who are unable to complete their degree programs by the end date on their I-20 can request a program extension. The length of time allowed for an extension is based on the recommendation of your academic advisor. A program extension is not guaranteed. Each request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. To request an extension, please complete the I-20 Extension Request Form
Use the email addresses below to contact the DSO/ISA at the campus you plan to attend.
Hiam El Dahouk
Student Conf. Center 128
Student Services Bldg 108A
Sarah E. James
Building 13, Office 220-G
|Register for Classes|
|Maps and Tours|
Tuition & Fees
|Browse the Catalog|
- Fall Semester
April 1 - July 1
- Spring Semester
September 15 - November 1
- Fall Semester:
April 1 - August 15
- Spring Semester:
September 15 - December 15
No less than 60 days from:
- Current I-94 Admission Card/Record Expiration Date
- 21st birthday for dependents on certain visa types