× LoneStarCollegeALERT:

Application Process

Lone Star students have two enrollment options for taking English courses.  Students may register for Credit classes, or they may access classes through our Continuing Education Department. An explanation of the differences is listed below, but the classes are merged, so regardless of how you register, you can be assured the same high-quality coursework.

Step 1: Apply to be a student

  Credit Continuing Education
Tomball Campus
Creekside Center
  • See our ESOL advisor, Kenneth Garcia, on Tuesdays from 8 am to 12 pm
  • Call our ESOL Advisor Kenneth Garcia at 281-351-3388
  • Email him: Kenneth.Garcia@lonestar.edu

Step 2: Take the Accuplacer ESL Placement Test

To determine your English proficiency in reading, listening, grammar, and writing - $24

  Location Hours
Tomball Assessment Center

Library building, second floor, Room L201

Mon - Thurs:  8am - 8pm 
Fri:  8am - 5pm
Sat:  10am - 4pm
Creekside Assessment Center

Room 120

Mon, Tues, Thur: 10am - 3pm
Wed: 12pm - 6pm
Fri: 9am - 12pm
Sat - Sun: CLOSED

Step 3: Register for Classes!

Take the results from your placement test back to the advisors and choose your schedule.


Kenneth Garcia, ESOL Advisor

Melissa Brega, Lead ESOL Faculty

Edgar Barcenas, Janell Rodriguez, and Claudia Guerra (Español)
CE Advisors, 281-357-3676


Credit vs. Continuing Education

  Credit Continuing Education

Citizens, permanent residents, or those with eligible visas including F-1, H-1B, H-4 visa.

Students who meet the requirements of Texas law SB-1528 (3 years living in Texas before receiving a high school diploma or GED) can also sign up through Credit.

Non-degree seeking students interested solely in English training

Students with a B-1 or B-2 visa (tourist or business visa), or those with ineligible or expired visas 

Tuition For the most updated fees, please check Updated Fees. Some students may be eligible for Financial Aid. $259 per course. Some additional fees may apply.
Grading Students receive a grade of A, B, or C, if they pass the course, and IP or F if they don't. Students can withdraw from a course before a certain date and receive a W. Students receive an "S" if they pass the course and an "N" if they don't pass or donít complete the requirements of the course.
Grade Reports

Students receive a transcript of their grades.

Students can earn "institutional credits," which can qualify them as "full-time" students for purposes of receiving health insurance or financial aid.
Students receive a certificate for the successful completion of the course at the end of each semester. 
F-1 International Student Need to be enrolled as full time credit student Cannot enroll as CE student

Make LSC part of your story.