Additional Computed Tomography Certificate Entry Requirements
Effective Fall 2012 for all Health Occupations Programs, Math placement scores on Compass, ASSET, Accuplacer, and THEA will be valid for three (3) years.
In order to assist in your learning more about the new certificate program in Computed Tomography and the admission requirements, you are strongly encouraged to attend one of our scheduled information sessions. Sessions are held at LSC-Montgomery in Building B, Room 111.
Prospective applicants seeking admission into the CT Certificate Program must be graduates of a 2-year JRCERT accredited program in Radiography, Radiation Therapy, or Nuclear Medicine and must hold current ARRT or equivalent certification.
If you have not taken classes at a LSCS campus within the last year, you must apply to the college. If you need assistance with the LSCS on-line application, please contact the Student Services Department at any LSCS campus.
- Submit an official transcript from EACH college you have ever attended (outside of LSCS) to the Lone Star College-Montgomery Registrar’s Office.
- You cannot be admitted to or graduate from the CT Certificate program unless official transcripts have been submitted to the System, even if courses do not apply to the Radiologic Technology program.
- Verify that all college transcripts have been received and evaluated in the LSCS computer system (credit granted for courses that will transfer).
- If you have worked or performed rotation experience in computed tomography, you may be given credit in the selection process. Download and print the forms below, and follow the instruction for its completion.
- Work Experience, Observation, and Clinical Rotation Verification Form (Form A)
- Community Service Activity Verification Form (Form B)
- Letter of intent written by you explaining why you are interested in the CT Certificate program
- Letter of recommendation from your supervisor, instructor, or other
- Your previous/current employer (or clinical supervisor) is required to complete and return the CT experience verification form directly to the program. Please provide them with a stamped envelope for the return. If you intend to hand deliver this form, your employer or clinical supervisor must sign across the seal of the envelope to ensure authenticity.
- Final acceptance into the program, however, will be contingent upon a satisfactory background check (as required by hospitals) that is completed by a college approved agency at the student's expense.
- Clinical facilities may also require completion of satisfactory drug screening, at the student’s expense.
- Students accepted into the program will also be required to submit proof of required immunizations, TB test, and proof of current CPR certification (2 year healthcare provider type). All expenses related to these items are the responsibility of the student.
- Sample Scoring Worksheet
- Please contact the CT Program Coordinator, Professor Anavel Barrientos at 936-271-6177 (or e-mail Anavel.Barrientos@lonestar.edu), if you have questions regarding the requirements for program admission or the application process.
The application period for the Fall 2018 Computed Tomography Cohort Admission opens the first Monday in March (March 5, 2018) and closes the last Thursday in June (June 28, 2018). The application period for the Spring 2019 cohort opens the first Monday in August (August 6, 2018) and closes the last Friday in October (October 26, 2018). Apply