Continuing Education ESOL
Language barriers are a common challenge in the classroom and can be a major source of frustration. Students who want to better communicate in all settings will benefit from ESOL classes. Lone Star College offers a wide variety of ESOL programs to meet the diverse needs of the community. Classes are offered during the day, at night, and on weekends.
What is ESOL?
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) are classes designed to help students improve their English language skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
ESOL can be abbreviated as ESL (English as a Second Language). Because some of our students might speak more than one or two languages, the term ESOL is preferred and more appropriate. ESOL classes are available at several LSC campuses and satellite centers.
Why take ESOL Courses?
People have different reasons to learn English. For some it is a matter of adaptation to their new place of residence, for others it means the possibility to obtain a better job. Some general benefits include:
- Improve communication skills with other people such as teachers, co-workers, doctors and neighbors.
- Increase or improve employment opportunities.
- Become more independent. Do not have to depend on a translator.
- Become an involved community member.
- Expand your education and career opportunities.
- Personal growth.
- Be an example to others.
- Meet new people and make new friends – expand the support system.
CE Contact Information
|Search & Register for Non-Credit CE Classes|
|CTE & Corporate College Course Schedule Flipbook|
|CTE & Corporate College Course Schedule|
|View Campus and