Student Ambassador - Serve • Dedicate • Inspire
The Ambassador program selects a group of dedicated students each fall & spring semester to be Student Ambassadors for the duration of the school year (Fall & Spring). Ambassadors are the student representatives of LSC-University Park and serve as liaisons between current LSC students, prospective students and the LSC-University Park community.
What is a student Ambassador?
Student Ambassadors are a select group of student leaders dedicated to serving LSC-University Park in the capacity of supporting, promoting and representing LSC-University Park through volunteering and participating at events on campus. These students can act as hosts for university functions such as banquets, luncheons, meetings, speakers, visitation days and career fairs, or orientations.
Benefits of being an Ambassador:
What does a student ambassador receive?
- Strong academic skills as demonstrated by a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Maintaining enrollment in at least 9 credit hours in the Fall and Spring semesters
- Desire to assist the college and fellow students through service and leadership
- Ability to commit to serving Ambassador for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters
- Commitment of 40 hours/semester to assist with activities that
may be scheduled during the day, evening, and weekends. These events may
- Welcome Week Events
- Orientation Sessions & Campus Tours
- Community Outreach Events
- Events at local high schools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to arrive on time to all commitments
- Good organizational skills
- Positive attitude toward campus and others